Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

So I've come across a new problem with my sonata. While backing out, I noticed via a reflection in a storefront window that while my rear headlights were working, the passenger side brakelight does not appear to be working (so basically the light doesn't become brighter when the brake pedal is depressed). Would this be a wiring issue or some other issue? I don't think it's a light bulb issue. Any ideas?

One other item to note, while in rush hour I had to come to a sudden stop, and somehow because I was trying to avoid the car in front of me, the car stalled. Fortunately I was able to get the car started and the problem hasn't happened since. I've read reports of engine stalls, but for those of you who had them, I'm wondering whether it was during regular cruising or acceleration, or under similar conditions (slamming on the brake to come to a stop)?

Thanks in advance for the insight...this site has been invaluable!

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
16,930 Posts
my rear headlights were working
You mean tail lights. The head lights are the big white ones up front.

newsonata said:
the passenger side brakelight does not appear to be working...Would this be a wiring issue or some other issue? I don't think it's a light bulb issue. Any ideas?
Why do you think it's unlikely to be a bulb issue? I'd certainly suggest you check the bulb first. It's the most likely cause of the problem and you'd want to eliminate the most likely (and easy) things first.

newsonata said:
One other item to note, while in rush hour I had to come to a sudden stop, and somehow because I was trying to avoid the car in front of me, the car stalled.
Does the car have a manual or auto gearbox?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You mean tail lights. The head lights are the big white ones up front.

Why do you think it's unlikely to be a bulb issue? I'd certainly suggest you check the bulb first. It's the most likely cause of the problem and you'd want to eliminate the most likely (and easy) things first.

Does the car have a manual or auto gearbox?
Hi, yes taillight. Sorry about that. I figured if it was a bulb issue that even the taillight wouldn't have worked at night. I'll change it and see what happens. As for the transmission, it's an auto, not manual.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have the same exact issue only mine is driver side brake light. Did you have the recall done? I did and it seems maybe more than a stop pad replacement. Whatever it is they claim they did. I believe these year cars are a tragedy waiting to happen. Mine caught fire near glove box Friday. Electrical burning smell. Any success? For your tail light brake light issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts