Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I while back, someone posted a mod to add an LED light to the rear fog light..now reflector hole. Heres a pic of the product on ebay. They are only $59 for the pair. Im wondering if anyone has actually done this mod and whats involved? Do I have to nearly destroy the light housing to add this led array? Is there wiring already in place for this? and what wiring does this unit come with? Certainly looks better than a single bulb. Dispite repeated searches, I cant seem to find that earlier thread on this product.

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
Unlike the first-gen which had complete rear fog light units (sans wiring), the new one just has a reflector; no socket or lens. In order to do that you'd have to get the EU market rear fog lights shipped to you. You will have to wire the lights up as well.

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
What are your intentions? I retro-fitted full Euro-style rear fog lights to my old '04 Santa Fe and I have to tell you, it's not worth it. You have to wire everything and construct a custom relay which was a gigantic headache for my friends and me. Now if you just want another set of brake lights, that's another story but the whole rear fog light idea is way too much work.

Either way, your best bet is to contact a member from the UK and see if they can have a set shipped to you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the info. I will see what I can do to contact a UK member. I know a few people in Great Britian, so they may be able to help as well. If any uk member happen to see this post and they know the part number, it would be great if you could post it. The purpose of the lense is two fold.... I would like the rear fog, but also, I am a firefighter, and I would like to use those lenses for emergency response lights. I live in a rual area and the additional visibility on a potential emergency scene is very disireable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts