Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got rear ended on the highway and my 2.0T / nav took it pretty well. I was at a stand still for about 10 seconds on the highway and then BOOM! Guy musta been texting or a sleep.

Long story short, it's getting repaired, $8k by insurance. I would like to have a 3rd party inspect the repairs to make sure frame etc. is perfect. My issue is , I called around to 2 places and the 1st guy hung up on me screaming that he doesn't do re-inspections!, the 2nd guy said that he just wouldn't do it.

Are there any places that will honestly inspect a repair job? I'm located in Toronto, Ontario so any where within the GTA would help. Anybody have any suggestions?

·
Registered
170 Posts
My car was re-ended and the repairs were about the same... I did not have a re-inspection issue as I fully knew/trusted the shop that did the repair.

My problem was the diminished value claim against the insurance company. It took almost a year of negotiation/threats/etc. and I still only got 70% of what I felt was appropriate.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Sorry to hear. $8k repair, that has to be close to a total. Do you have photos?

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
pics please!

If I get hit, I want to get hit hard enough the car gets totaled out, unless its minor. 8K in damage is a lot

·
Read Only
538 Posts
Sorry about your collision as a result of someone's incompetent driving and glad that you're OK.

I started putting on my flashers when traffic causes a significant slow-down/stopping on the highway. Turns out this practice is used/mandatory in some parts of Europe. I don't take anything for granted on the highway any more as there seems to be too many people driving with their thumb up their a$$.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry about your collision as a result of someone's incompetent driving and glad that you're OK.

I started putting on my flashers when traffic causes a significant slow-down/stopping on the highway. Turns out this practice is used/mandatory in some parts of Europe. I don't take anything for granted on the highway any more as there seems to be too many people driving with their thumb up their a$$.
I normally do this! but for some reason when I stopped this time and I didn't see anybody behind me I guess there was no reaction to hit the hazard button. But definitely from now on!

I'll post pics later today.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here are a couple pics, I wasn't able to get underneath at that time, was still pretty sore.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here are the costs for the repairs. I haven't received the latest one yet which pushes it over 8k , but will post when I get it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts