Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1999 Sonata 2.0 GSi,two days ago i noticed a creak from the drivers side rear of the car,if the vehicle is rocked it is audible from outside. When i go to the car 1st thing in the morning i cannot replicate the noise but after 15 minutes or so of driving it returns. The car has only done 55000 miles from new and has been dealer serviced every year.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Jack up the car and check all the bushings you can clearly see. Mileage doesn't really matter when it comes to rubber, age does. Wiggle everything by hand, tap with a small 2 pound mini-sledge or dead blow hammer. If nothing seems loose or cracked chances are you may just need some grease. I had the same thing happen to the front driver side of my 03 sonata and a Hyundai mechanic I know looked at it and told me to spray all the bushings with white lithium grease. You may have to do it 4 or more times to get the joints really good though. I sprayed all of mine 5 times in three weeks and the noise stopped. Now I do it every oil change.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts