Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All

I am considering changing my rear drums in my elantra to disc brakes...... does anyone know if there are any existing rear disc brakes setup that would fit my vehicle without having to cut and drill and that sort of thing ....... ?

Thanks

·
Registered
422 Posts
If you want my opinion, you do not need to go to the extremites of integrating a disc brake rear end in to a drum supplied vehicle.

1. Because these cars brake ell enough as they are;

2. you cannot just change over the drums to discs and expect t to just work because it doesn't.
You will ned to replace the master cylinder and proportioning valve.
If you couldn't be bothered doing this then you would need to run a bias valve. Which in most placs is illegal!

As a short answer without going into copious amounts of detail on this topic, which I would quite happily do, just leave your brakes alone!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I agree with dr. Hundi. Brake conversion from drums to disc is going to be long and expensive. Drum brakes are quite fine for road use, changing them would be a waist of time and money. use the money for an engine mod or interior trim.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Originally posted by Titan@Dec 1 2004, 10:01 AM
Hello All
I am considering changing my rear drums in my elantra to disc brakes...... does anyone know if there are any existing rear disc brakes setup that would fit my vehicle without having to cut and drill and that sort of thing ....... ?
Thanks
[snapback]3208[/snapback]​

Check to see if your year vehicle had disk brakes as an option, check the dealer if your part #s are the same, and go from there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts