Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings:

When I raise the rear deck lid on my 2013 Santa Fe Sport at night there are absolutely no lights that come on. So here are my questions:

1. Was a light that comes on when you raise the rear deck lid an option that I didn't get?

2. Should the cabin lights come on when I raise the rear deck lid?

3. Or should I purchase a pair of night-vision goggles so I can see?

Thanks.

·
Registered
759 Posts
There is a light located on the ceiling of the SFS, just on the inside of the hatch. There is a "OFF/DOOR/ON" switch that must have been nudged to the off position... flick it to "DOOR", and you're set.

·
Registered
759 Posts
I fly RC planes... and when I go fly, I keep the back hatch open for hours - and since I don't want a dead battery when it's time to go, I have to turn that light off everytime - as it's on a different circuit then the other lights (the front "door" button doesn't control it).
There's been a few times i've forgotten to turn it back on... and yes, it can get dark back there.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
I fly RC planes... and when I go fly, I keep the back hatch open for hours - and since I don't want a dead battery when it's time to go, I have to turn that light off everytime - as it's on a different circuit then the other lights (the front "door" button doesn't control it).
There's been a few times i've forgotten to turn it back on... and yes, it can get dark back there.
Try using an LED substitute. You'll get more light with less battery drain, and not get hot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts