Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I have a real head scratcher here. I recently started hearing this clunk / creaking noise in the rear end of the car when turning and applying the brakes. I thought it was suspension related, so I went ahead to replace the rear sway bar links and bushings, and then the rear upper control arms (including bushings and the rear ball joints), even tried to lubricate the rear trailer arm bushings. Still to no avail. The noise doesn't seem to appear until the car has been driven for a couple of minutes. My car also had new rear shocks and strut mounts installed recently.

An interesting thing I noticed is when I come out of the car wash while washing the underbody, the noise subsides / disappears temporarily. It's as if water has lubricated something.

Any ideas what could this be?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Yeah give the brakes a good lookin over. Sometimes you need to disassemble to isolate, have seen inner pad mounts completely disintegrated from corrosion. Would have been leaning towards strut mount had they not been done already.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys. i took it into the shop ... turns out brake servicing was done incorrectly at the last shop I went to. Grease on the slider pins and shims were completely gone. There was also a lot of dirt accumulation in one of the pads' centre line slot (the previous shop probably did not clean this).

Anyways a proper brake servicing fixed up the issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.