Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I was wondering. Does our Sante Fe's come with the rear cargo shade as a standard item? I own the 2.0t w/ tech package. I've had mine for a year now and can't seem to remember if it came with the car. Eeek!
I ask because I had to return a lease on my Honda and realized that came with the cargo shade standard.

Thanks!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you. So I was basically looking for it in my basement going crazy for no reason? ;)
Can anyone else confirm as well?

·
22,788 Posts
I bought one for the wife's Tucson two Christmas' ago off eBay. Brand new from a company that manufactures them. It is a spot-on copy of the OEM, for about half the price. Just search using "cargo cover," and see what you get. There were several color options available and the one she picked matched her interior perfectly. She's really quite happy with it.

This seller also offered free shipping, as well. Another plus. Took about 4 days to arrive.

EDIT: Couldn't find the seller. Too much water over my dam since then and I don't remember. But did see multiple sellers with various prices. Try Craigslist, also. Patience is the key.

·
Registered
289 Posts

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
My wife wanted one so we bought it with the car. And it has sat in the under floor compartment since day one - never used - as I told her. I have had wagons, hatchbacks, etc with them standard equipment and never used them. They reduce cargo space and are always in the way when installed. I remove them pronto. They are marketed more as a security cover but with darkened windows do little good.

Wanna buy ours? - she would never know it's gone.

·
Registered
474 Posts
No, don't hear any difference in noise. Not really cold enough here in SC to feel any difference. Heater works great along with the heated seats. Never have carried anyone in back seats so I don't have anyone's report on that area.
We would not be without one. The 2013 version is much easier to remove if we need the extra space. It DOES give you extra security, dark tint on windows or not. I have been able to see inside the cargo area with the cargo cover not pulled closed when I press my face against the window on bright days.

·
Registered
870 Posts
If I leave mine open I think I hear more noise from the trunk area. Even with nothing in the trunk. So I keep my cargo cover on and closed all the time, only open if I need to carry something that won't fit under it.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Anyone notice any decrease in noise or cold inside the car with them?
I'm not sure, but I like to think so because that's two of the reasons I purchased it as soon as I got the car. I only take it out the occasional time I need the extra space for large items. So, it's hard for me to compare. But I like to think it is keeping road noise down from the back, and helping to heat/cool the cabin area in winter/summer. My third and primary reason for getting it was for security of items I carry in the cargo area. There's also a neat storage area under the floor for the cover for when I need to remove it.

For me, the cargo cover is a good value.
John

·
22,788 Posts
Sure would be easy to test. Digital meter with a temp probe. Hold the probe in the area under the cover for a minute or so. Record the temp. Pull it out and measure the ambient temp in the cabin. You'll quickly have your answer.

Same could be done for road noise monitoring if someone you know has a noise dosimeter for measuring sound. This is for the guy or gal that "just has to know." And I'm about as guilty in that regard, on occasions.

·
Registered
759 Posts
My wife wanted one so we bought it with the car. And it has sat in the under floor compartment since day one - never used - as I told her. I have had wagons, hatchbacks, etc with them standard equipment and never used them. They reduce cargo space and are always in the way when installed. I remove them pronto. They are marketed more as a security cover but with darkened windows do little good.

Wanna buy ours? - she would never know it's gone.
Is it black? Really considering selling it... how much?

·
Registered
413 Posts
Sure would be easy to test. Digital meter with a temp probe. Hold the probe in the area under the cover for a minute or so. Record the temp. Pull it out and measure the ambient temp in the cabin. You'll quickly have your answer.

Same could be done for road noise monitoring if someone you know has a noise dosimeter for measuring sound. This is for the guy or gal that "just has to know." And I'm about as guilty in that regard, on occasions.
Well of course the area under the cover would be a different temp. It has no source of heat. But the concern is for the kids in the back. I know it's comfortable in the front but there has to be a temp difference in the back just thinking that this would assist in keeping the temps more equal throughout the cabin.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Well of course the area under the cover would be a different temp. It has no source of heat. But the concern is for the kids in the back. I know it's comfortable in the front but there has to be a temp difference in the back just thinking that this would assist in keeping the temps more equal throughout the cabin.
The exit vents are at the back - so there's heat flow from front to rear.

·
Banned
532 Posts
They've answered all the questions above, but I'll add the cost when we bought (11/13) was US $150.00 list, Dealer cost $121.00. It's nice the way it's stored in the cargo cavity, brilliant idea since my Explorer's cover's are in the garage corner and hand to be cleaned and de-cob webbed each time used.

On the attachment they show how to install it handle side vertical, do this or they'll be another thread about noise coming from the back also the storage for it and the P/N. Good luck, Ebay's your best route.

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts