Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It was interesting to me that a Santa Fe with a 41k sticker didn't have a cargo screen, but it is what it is.

There are some generic OEM-like cargo screens available online for around ~100 USD and my personal experience is that they are not up to snuff. If anyone here has had a factory one for an SUV, they typically lay parallel to the cargo floor, making it easy to place and remove things even with it fully pulled out.

For some reason, these generic screens lack the longer plastic pieces necessary for the screens to stand up parallel to the floor, so they just flop around and block the cargo area until you retract the thing.

I was able to find a brand new factory one on ebay from a Hyundai dealership for ~115 shipped, which is much better and well worth the price difference. I returned the other one.

Attachments

·
Registered
669 Posts
All Things being added at the factory are absurdly priced, including this and "mud flaps" for $120 which you can buy from Korea on eBay for $35 as well as wheel locks you can buy there (genuine Hyundai brand) for $25 that for some reason cost $90 if they are installed at the factory.

The most absurd one is the trunk "lip guard" piece of vinyl for $70 that has to be all of $10 if you can find the exact same part (again, usually shipped from Korea via eBay).

Do yourself a favor and save 60-75% of the funds for these "hamburger helper" items that are marked up 100-250% if delivered on your vehicle.

Non OEM trunk mats of at least as good if not better quality for my 2018 Santa Fe Sport were $20-$30 instead of the $90 or $95 for the factory one.

I did wait 4 weeks for delivery...

·
Registered
272 Posts
I just scored an OE cargo cover (used) on eBay for $44 shipped. I've been looking for one for a long time. I hope I don't regret buying it... lol!

I have tinted windows, but at any given time, I have $25-30k worth of camera gear in my car. I'll take what I can get.

Reactions: Basshound

·
Registered
41 Posts
I hope someone is willing to buy mine. Really don't know why I need to carry it in the trunk? BTW what's the purpose of the cover?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yes, it is quite shocking that the cargo liner is not a standard parts on all Santa Fes.
Here in New Zealand, it costs a lot...pissed me off.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I hope someone is willing to buy mine. Really don't know why I need to carry it in the trunk? BTW what's the purpose of the cover?
It just keeps nosey people from knowing what you've got in your "trunk." That's about all. The illusion of security.

·
Registered
9 Posts
It was interesting to me that a Santa Fe with a 41k sticker didn't have a cargo screen, but it is what it is.

Isn't that insane ?

When I bought my 2014 and was about to drive it off of the lot, I noticed that there were no floor mats. I went back inside and told my salesman that they forgot to put my floor mats back in when they were done detailing my new SFS.

He told me that it didn't come with floor mats and I'd have to pay.... forget what the amount was, but it was a lot of money. I gave him my opinion about paying over 34K for my SUV and what I thought of it coming with no floor mats. He went to another SUV and robbed the mats out of that one to put in my SFS I think just to make me go away as I was pissed and was making a scene in the showroom.

It's a shame that we pay so much money for these SFS' and Hyundai is on the cheap when it comes to floor mats, rear cargo screens, the rear cargo net and the rear cargo rubber mat. All of these came standard when I bought my 2005 Santa Fe. When I purchased another Santa Fe in 2014 none of these came with it and to order them from Hyundai, the price is crazy.

I ended up buying the rear screen and rubber mat off of E-bay and saved quite a bit.

·
Premium Member
256 Posts

Sent you a PM. :smile: I am stuck with a set of Panoramic Roof Rails that I probably will never use. They came with my 18 SF.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts