Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bumper was replaced by the dealer as a "We owe" item because the black plastic was scratched before I looked at the vehicle.

I did not notice until yesterday that the passenger side reflector in the bumper is inset a little bit further than the driver's side which is flush.

Would you go back to the dealer to get this repaired or leave well enough alone and not risk any more incidental damage.

The first two pics are of the proper installation on the driver's side and the last two are the passenger side.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
My bumper was replaced by the dealer as a "We owe" item because the black plastic was scratched before I looked at the vehicle.

I did not notice until yesterday that the passenger side reflector in the bumper is inset a little bit further than the driver's side which is flush.

Would you go back to the dealer to get this repaired or leave well enough alone and not risk any more incidental damage.

The first two pics are of the proper installation on the driver's side and the last two are the passenger side.
Oh yeah...bring it back. Looks like they installed the bumper over that end of the reflector rather than the other way around. Seeing that would drive me nuts. As much as I could probably fix it myself, I would still get the dealer to do it since it is their responsibility, and if they cause more damage, they fix it.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh yeah...bring it back. Looks like they installed the bumper over that end of the reflector rather than the other way around. Seeing that would drive me nuts. As much as I could probably fix it myself, I would still get the dealer to do it since it is their responsibility, and if they cause more damage, they fix it.
Thanks, sometimes I think I nitpick things too much. That is a good explanation as to the cause of the misalignment. They also placed the fabric inside of the trim piece on the fender rather than on top of the fender, which I posted earlier.

I love my Hyundai but I have reservations about the quality and competence of the service department. Hopefully I never have something major go wrong with the car. If you were an ASE master tech would you rather work at Toyota, Honda, or Hyundai? I am guessing Hyundai might be the last option.:D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts