Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a protector for my rear bumper. See pics below, the last one did not turn out too good for some reason.
I tried a "dry" fit first, will do the final fit this weekend. Seems like a good quality product that fits perfectly

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Looks good. I have been looking for something similar to keep the dog from scratching the painted bumper. Is this a local purchase or off of the internet? This looks like it will serve my needs.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I have the decal one on my daughter's Accent GS and am surprised how well it is holding up. I installed the Black FRP like you have on my Elantra GT and it works very well. It also covers more area than the decal one. It does scratch, but much harder to see the scratches.

If you have a big dog that digs its nails into it, it will scratch it. But like I said, you don't really notice it because the color black is all the way through it.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks good. I have been looking for something similar to keep the dog from scratching the painted bumper. Is this a local purchase or off of the internet? This looks like it will serve my needs.
I picked it up from Korean Auto Imports, they are a supporting vendor of this forum

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the decal one on my daughter's Accent GS and am surprised how well it is holding up. I installed the Black FRP like you have on my Elantra GT and it works very well. It also covers more area than the decal one. It does scratch, but much harder to see the scratches.

If you have a big dog that digs its nails into it, it will scratch it. But like I said, you don't really notice it because the color black is all the way through it.
Yes, I just wanted soething that would stop any nicks on the bumper from my dog, wife,shopping bags etc . This will do the trick nicely. It is fairly thick and the color and texture blends in great with the lower black vinyl trim.
I will have to adjust the rubber bumpers on the trunk lid to let it close properly , but that's easy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts