Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 Elantra GT, I am screwing in the calipers, I have that cube tool (I actually had it from an old ford fiesta I had years ago with screw in calipers) that fits nicely into the caliper. But it just turns but doesn't go in. What an I doing wrong. Do I have do exert pressure while I turn it?? Or is it stripped or something?

Thanks, Greg

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
You have to push piston in while rotating

I have a Snap-On caliper piston tool kit for that job...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (sbr711 @ Jun 4 2010, 10:09 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=329837
You have to push piston in while rotating

I have a Snap-On caliper piston tool kit for that job...

Thankyou,

They went right in when I pushed at the same time, I was getting frustrated thinking they were stripped or something and almost took them off the car. They work great, I didn't turn the rotors because I have several repairs to do at the same time (timing belt is past due and the clutch is slipping ). From reading about it, it sounds like getting the rotors off is a big pain so I decided to put it off, the rotors are in good shape and the braking is smooth, but I hate to do a job half way. Do you know if there are any special issues with getting off the front rotors ??

Thanks again for your help,

Greg

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
2005, should not be any real concern, unless there is heavy rust in the rotor bore where it reaides to front hub.... nothing a few good hits with a 32oz ball peen wont remedy. :banana:

Here is the tool I use, kit comes with a bunch of plates -

1 - 4 of 4 Posts