Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know the size of the bolt that holds the guide pin into place on the REAR caliper?? I seem to have misplaced my original, Im assuming there nothing special and that Home Depot will have them

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
its a flanged bolt, i do not know the threads, bring another to a auto shop and they should be able to match it up.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
The bolt that hold caliper to the slide pin ?? They be 8x1.00,, alot of auto use identical bolt to hold caliper to pin, Toyota, Hyundai, Kia, try the parts store too.

·
Registered
268 Posts
8mmx1x20mm strength 10. Home Depot/Lowes may not have this high strength bolt. Try NAPA or a foreign auto supply. If not Google Belmetric they have them.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Disc brake guide pin kit, ANY auto parts store has a crap ton of em. just have him pull a few boxes and match it up, like SBR said. very common.

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
2,286 Posts
Disc brake guide pin kit, ANY auto parts store has a crap ton of em. just have him pull a few boxes and match it up, like SBR said. very common.
+1. I actually lost my left rear ones after doing my brakes/rotors. I believe I went to Advance Auto and they come as a kit (bolt and pin) for about $11. There are 2 bolts and two pins.

Note, grease the crap out of the pins. They are not adequately done from the factory.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
+1. I actually lost my left rear ones after doing my brakes/rotors. I believe I went to Advance Auto and they come as a kit (bolt and pin) for about $11. There are 2 bolts and two pins.

Note, grease the crap out of the pins. They are not adequately done from the factory.
to much grease is a bad thing. a nice film is what you want. to much grease can cause issues. especially with the pins with the rubber damper on the end of them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts