Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all- I wanted to know if anyone has had this issue, heard of it, and if there was a solution to it...

Every once in a while I start the car and put it into reverse. The rear camera will attempt to start and its a black screen with white snow-ishh flickering display. It will just be a black flickering screen until it cuts out to blue and wont display the rear cam.

It will do this a few times going back and forth from park to reverse and then it randomly decide to work and wont do it again for a bit of time. I managed to get some pics the second time it did it. I tried to subsequently reproduce it a third time while taking video recording on my phone but the **** thing of course worked the third time. :mad::mad:

What gives?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I seen it several times, most of the times I have to reboot :D (power cycle). If they would only design a car with a real operating system.... Linux

·
Registered
660 Posts
I have had the problem many times as well and brought it up to my dealer before. They disconnected the connectors and added some dielectric lube and stuck it back together. Didn't change anything...still does that. Mine also rolls and flickers on occasions as well.

Chuck

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I seen it several times, most of the times I have to reboot :D (power cycle). If they would only design a car with a real operating system.... Linux
I have a few systems i manage at work from time to time that are SLES 11. Majority of my env. is Windows Server 08 :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've also seen the problem. It usually happens if I start the car and quickly put it into reverse before the car has completely "booted up". Shifting into forward usually corrects it, if not, shutting down and starting back up fixes it.

Just waiting a few seconds longer before shifting into reverse seems to prevent it.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I've had this same issue too and mentioned it to my dealer today. They've ordered me a new camera but it's on back order for now. Pretty good considering it wasn't doing this today! Usually it's the whole "if we can't reproduce it, we can't do much".

I'm super happy with my dealership right now :)

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mine was not consistent so i just showed the dealer a video i took with my phone. They accepted it as reasonable proof i suppose.

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
Mine started today. I get either a black screen or the video flickers.

Another trip to the dealer.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Mine has being doing the same thing, since I have had the car, 2 years to the day. The dealership that I have been going to since I have been asked not to go go back where I bought it, cannot believe what I have going through and thought I was joking when I sent pictures of errors on the nav screen, then the rear camera issues usually start after that.
I have also noticed that I can sometimes see the rear camera problem, when the shifter is moved sideways a bit.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I just got the call today that the camera they ordered me (was on back order) is in!

I plan to book it in next week to get the work done. I will certainly report back if that's fixed the issue (or even if it hasn't ;)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Okay....so I said next week and it ended up being a little over a month...BUT, the good news is that the camera seems to be working beautifully so far! No more blue screen of death, no more shifty-old-school-tv-lines. Just a nice clear image :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Mine also on back order for Oct 24th, now my only time is to go is in Nov and drive over 65 km (50 miles), to get it replaced.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Quite the bad batch of cameras for the 2011 MY. At least you will not have the issue after it is replaced. I like it when i don't have quirks like this.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I guess I need to ask for mine now!! Mine was doing that earlier today!

Chuck
Definitely do Chuck! It only took them an hour or so to do the replacement. I had it done at the same time as some body work (some punk kid shot our car with an air-soft pellet gun) was being done.

Both definitely turned out great!

·
Registered
660 Posts
I went in for my oil change today and told them to check on the camera. They said that they couldn't reproduce the problem but I just happened to have the video that I took earlier this week and showed it to the Service Technician. He took it back to the technician working on the car and they ordered a new camera for me today. Will get it installed on the 9th!

I'm up over 73k on my car so I'm out of warranty but I did sign up for the extended warranty when I bought the car. Normal cost on this would be around $450 so about half of what I paid for the warranty and I still have 27k left to go.

Chuck

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had similar intermittent camera problem after it got worse I decided to get fix. I took picture on way to dealer to show the problem this made no difference since it did not prove it came from my car. The service manager said they had to duplicate the problem before they could fix since it could be caused by wiring, radio or camera. I assume it would not happen at the dealer and made myself a pain while I waited to see if they could duplicate. After an hour of waiting I check to see the status and the manger said they were replacing the camera. A week later and the camera has worked perfectly.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts