Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
next month we're going to have our Carbon Fiber Hood completed (national holidays here so the factory is closed)

So here's my question, what other carbon Fiber pieces would people be interested in seeing?
How about the center console

·
Registered
480 Posts
Was going to do a diffuser but the console hadn't thought about it.... Are we talking the part with the radio or the part with the shifter?
I was think along the lines of by where the shifter/cup holders are, that whole area?.... That blackspot that's open behind the shifter on my car is where I like to keep my phone and whatnot... Got scratched up a bit guess it's just normal wear and tear.. I saw someone on here that wrapped it on here a while back. I'm sure whatever you guys plan on or do first will look banging..

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
mirror caps... with cut outs for the led signal lights.
the chrome strip on the trunk.

some will probably want a gas door cover...

what would be epic would be a roof overlay..... with sunroof cut out... but that is a very small market as the 12+ came with the black roof already.

trunk???????

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
trunk will be done with a spoiler molded in. But we're doing that after we finish the hood.

Roofwise I don't think that mold would be realistic since it would have to be a very thin sheet and due to its size it would be unbelievably fragile.

Gas door??? seriously? that I never understood why people want those.

chrome strip on trunk there already is a real carbon fiber trunk garnish on the market
but if carbon fiber trunk it wont be needed since we're going to delete that part both on the hood and in the trunk (never really liked that part)

Mirror caps we were thinking but I think there already are those on the market in korea...

---------------------------
confirmed:
-hood
-trunk
-diffuser

possible:
-mirror caps?
-plastic interior trimmings
-console?
-lip

currently I know of these REAL carbon pieces on the market:
-grill
-trunk garnish, hood garnish
-mirror caps
-door handles
-rear spoiler
-window/roof spoiler

anything else?

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
there is a carbon trunk insert already? didn't know that. did't know about the mirror caps either.... just those fake ones I saw on shark a while ago...

I don't want the gas cap either... but well you know.

You what might be cool... an engine cover.

·
Registered
94 Posts
There are plenty of spoilers on the market, but I'd be interested in a replica of the TUIX spoiler. Something that looks similar would be ok as well. The $1000 price tag on the original is obviously too much.

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
was thinking kind of fender flares, wide body was discussed but im not so sure on how many would want to go wide body?
Holy major coin batman! A wide body kit would be cool but omg, fitment and cost...*faint*. My only correlating point was MR2 WBK and they were 5-7K in fiberglass.

I would be curious for good fitment on anything that had piano black on the interior.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
mid way through this annoying holiday, then we finally can move on with the hood.... im pretty stoked on it

with the trunk I was thinking maybe something like this?

But not as big, a little more subtle perhaps....

Wide body.... I think that would be the last one our list....

After we finish the mold and get the first hood done, we move on to the trunk.... diffuser possibly around the same time....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts