Hyundai Forums banner
21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Tucson Luxury
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I think you'll find you're going to need those sensors. Due to some miscommunication, mine weren't installed initially. And initially, it was just a dash light. Bugged me, but not the end of the world. After a few days the car really began to get bitchy. Alerts at start up and I think they were getting even more frequent, but then I got the sensors installed. I never found a way to turn it off, which kinda sucks. I don't really feel like I need tire pressure monitoring, but we're stuck with it
Ya, there's no way to turn the TPMS off. I guess I'll just live with it for now. I'm not in the mood to buy new sensors and have them install them and go through the whole process again. New sensors and labour will cost me a few hundred bucks. I should have gotten them before but I guess we live and learn.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Looks good! Winter is also starting here got Defa 1800W cabin heater installed and also engine heater - oil pan version only available for Tucson Hybrid. I dont have a warm garage so easy to melt the ice on windows and have warm car ready at morning, when leaving to work or otherwise.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Looks good! Winter is also starting here got Defa 1800W cabin heater installed and also engine heater - oil pan version only available for Tucson Hybrid. I dont have a warm garage so easy to melt the ice on windows and have warm car ready at morning, when leaving to work or otherwise.
I was looking at the Defa Cabin Heater, where did you have it installed? My wife's car gets the garage and I have to park outside, unfortunately, but thank god for the Bluelink app so my car will be somewhat warmed up before I get in.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I was looking at the Defa Cabin Heater, where did you have it installed? My wife's car gets the garage and I have to park outside, unfortunately, but thank god for the Bluelink app so my car will be somewhat warmed up before I get in.
It's was a rather small place I got it installed, but they have 30+ years of experience with those and also good pricing. Same guarantee for Defa parts regardless where you get it installed. That installation should be quite straightforward if you get only cabin heater and wiring for it.

If you are considering installing also the engine heater double check that correct part is ordered, there is different one for the Hybrid version of the car what I understood.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
It's was a rather small place I got it installed, but they have 30+ years of experience with those and also good pricing. Same guarantee for Defa parts regardless where you get it installed. That installation should be quite straightforward if you get only cabin heater and wiring for it.

If you are considering installing also the engine heater double check that correct part is ordered, there is different one for the Hybrid version of the car what I understood.
Sorry, I meant where in the car did you mount it? Fortunately for me, it doesn't get cold enough to require an engine block heater where I live.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thank you very much!

We discussed this more in another thread here. The wheels I bought are made by RTX, model "Ulsan". They are hubcentric. I purchased them from WheelWiz.ca and with the promo codes I applied, I think they were about $145 each (currently the site lists them for $176.09 per, before any discount). Other vendors sell them too. The tires were from CanadianTire - about $160 each plus mounting. And new tire sensors were $150 for the set from the Hyundai dealer
For the people that got the winters with sensors, do you guys know how they reprogrammed the new sensors? I have read that the car "self learns"? or something like that. I'm just wondering because hyundai wanted to charge me $80 for that ...

·
Registered
15 Posts
For the people that got the winters with sensors, do you guys know how they reprogrammed the new sensors? I have read that the car "self learns"? or something like that. I'm just wondering because hyundai wanted to charge me $80 for that ...
For me it took five minutes to code the TPMS sensors at local tyre shop. I understood they copied the settings from original TPMS sensors and the applied the same to winter tyres. Nothing was needed to do on car itself as it learned the new ones rather quickly.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson Luxury Hybrid
48 Posts
The TPMS's from the dealer self learn within a day. The dealership who sold me the sensor told me they needed to be programmed and I actually made an appointment to get it done. But the car started reading the sensors before the appointment, so I was able to cancel that

·
Registered
2021 Stormy Sea Santa Fe Calligraphy 2.5L Turbo 8DCT HTRAC 20" wheels
1,007 Posts
The TPMS's from the dealer self learn within a day. The dealership who sold me the sensor told me they needed to be programmed and I actually made an appointment to get it done. But the car started reading the sensors before the appointment, so I was able to cancel that
Stealerships just love to make money on stuff that doesn't need to be done!

·
Registered
63 Posts
I know the guy in service so he got someone to do the mounting and programmed for me.
Was expecting that I'd have to go back every season but seems not based on users above. Thanks!

·
Registered
2022 Tucson HEV Ultimate, White/Grey
188 Posts
Finally got my mudflaps installed today! Wasn't an easy task, especially on the rear, since I didn't remove the wheels first. Alright, I'm now ALSO Ready for Winter ... Let It Snow!!! LOL
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
:LOL: Actually, that would've been awesome because we could share all our tips/tricks IRL!

If you (or anyone else) are interested in mudflaps, I can share what I got and some installation tips ... JLMK!
Putting on those mudflaps seem... straightforward? But I can see what you mean with the tires in the way. I was looking at getting them so you just kinda sealed the deal for me. Sooner or later, our Tucsons will look identical :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: (y)

21 - 40 of 59 Posts