Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

Please anybody knows anything about reprograming the keyless entry (REMOTE )
of the Car XG30 2001...

My car keyless entry is from hyundai ( I heared that some of the models are supplied by other types of remote other than hyundai system)

It was OK and then suddenly stoped from working( but the remote lights is OK and the battery is still good...new battery 1 month ago was installed)

If I have to drive my car to the dealer, I will never do that because in Saudi Arabia the dealers are very bad and costy and will take me a month or more to do that...

So please...ANY IDEAS???

Thanks every one...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Please come to Russia!!!
I will help you/Joke

Use e-buy sellers for this problem. They sell a lot every day!!!
They should tell you.

Originally posted by plxmmk@Sep 20 2004, 04:15 PM
Hi All
of the Car XG30 2001...

My car keyless entry is from hyundai ( I heared that some of the models are supplied by other types of remote other than hyundai system)

It was OK and then suddenly stoped from working( but the remote lights is OK and the battery is still good...new battery 1 month ago was installed)

If I have to drive my car to the dealer, I will never do that because in Saudi Arabia the dealers are very bad and costy and will take me a month or more to do that...

So please...ANY IDEAS???
Thanks every one...
[snapback]1267[/snapback]​

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks... I will check that.....
I do approciate your help...

I wish to visit you in Russia...it is one of my wishlist.

hope for you the best....

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by gordo@Oct 8 2004, 10:27 AM
Try checking with locksmiths in your area - a lot of them have the equipment to program keyless remotes
[snapback]1600[/snapback]​

Ahhhhh.... thank you.....but UNFORTUNANTLY I am living in Saudi Arabia..

there is no Locksmiths in the whole country....

thank you again...

·
Registered
329 Posts
Originally posted by plxmmk@Oct 9 2004, 02:06 AM
there is no Locksmiths in the whole country....
[snapback]1617[/snapback]​

Well now I've learned something new. Its a bit unfortuante that the only way to program that particular remote is with special equipment. The ones I've seen plug directly into the vehicle and are then used to either change the remote codes or program a replacement remote.

On some models you can do it youself by following a series of steps like turning ignition on and off, opening and closing doors and pressing remote buttons, but I couldn't find any such instructions for the XG.

The only other idea I can come up with is if there is any companies specializing in aftermarket sound systems.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thank you ...now I will look for any place to programe it for me... you have changed my thinking to another place in the city where I will found someone to programe it for me...

thanks...

·
Registered
3 Posts
QUOTE (plxmmk @ Sep 20 2004, 08:15 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1267
Hi All

of the Car XG30 2001...

So please...ANY IDEAS???

Thanks every one...

Maybe this will help......... I have a 2003 xg350L original hyundai remote that would stop working or only work for trunk but not doors even though the batery was good and the red light on the remote would lite up.

Open it up and remove th silcone ruber gasket take out the batteries and look at the circuit board and you will see the actual buttons that are engaged. lubricate the actual contact buttons with a bit of wd-40 or degreaser and then continually work the buttons. in a couple of days the degreaser will have softened the hard waterproofing that the manufacturer applied around the buttons and the remote should work fine again.

The above method was recommended to me by a local locksmith who has many years experience in these type of remote controls.

It's not dangerous and works fine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts