Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All


Please anybody knows anything about reprograming the keyless entry (REMOTE )
of the Car XG30 2001...

My car keyless entry is from hyundai ( I heared that some of the models are supplied by other types of remote other than hyundai system)

It was OK and then suddenly stoped from working( but the remote lights is OK and the battery is still good...new battery 1 month ago was installed)

If I have to drive my car to the dealer, I will never do that because in Saudi Arabia the dealers are very bad and costy and will take me a month or more to do that...

So please...ANY IDEAS???


Thanks every one...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
sorry can't be done they have an rolling code & only hyundai's remote works they have to be programed vie special computer. I had the same problem. that is so no scanner can pick it up,to steal your car by a remote of thier own, and there not cheap. strokie
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that is what I think....

I am really sad for this and wish that hyundai did the same as FORD...

thank you ...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Originally posted by plxmmk@Sep 19 2004, 02:29 PM
Hi All
Please anybody knows anything about reprograming the keyless entry (REMOTE )
of the Car XG30 2001...

My car keyless entry is from hyundai ( I heared that some of the models are supplied by other types of remote other than hyundai system)

It was OK  and then suddenly stoped from working( but the remote lights is OK and the battery is still good...new battery 1 month ago was installed)

If I have to drive my car to the dealer, I will never do that because in Saudi Arabia the dealers are very bad and costy and will take me a month or more to do that...

So please...ANY IDEAS???
Thanks every one...
[snapback]1240[/snapback]​

Salaam alaikum,
When I bought my 2002 XG, the owner did not have the remote keyless module. I called a dealer to see how much it cost, and he said $150!! I went on Ebay and bought one from a guy who advertised it for only $10.

It was exactly the kind I needed but the problem was getting it programmed and Hyundai dealers wanted $50. I found a bulletin online that had diagrams and steps to program, but I needed a special adaptor to accomplish the task. Fortunately when I went to a second dealer for an oil change, I showed him my remote and asked him if he would program it for me hoping he would charge less than $50. He said sure and did it in 2 minutes and said it was a courtesy service and I needn't pay anything :D

I feel really bad for you and also for my father who just recently bought a 2002 Toyota Prado in Kuwait from the Toyota dealer. Absolutely no service even though he paid cash. In the US, dealers are known to be overpriced and sometimes rude, but because there is competition, you can always take your business elsewhere if you are not satisfied..

My advice would be to go to the dealer for some regular service(brakes, oil change etc.) and see if they will do it for free. Tell them how much you like your car and will buy another one when this one dies etc. :p You are not lying because you like your XG and InshaAllah might buy another one in the future.

Wassalaam
samaruf(Abu Saba)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wa Alycom Assalam Wa Rahmatollah

Thank you Abo Umimah( or Abo Saba??!!)


I will try to look for someone that who could do it for me...just like the one who did it for you...

Thanks...

I am happy to stay in touch with you...

Mohammad.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Originally posted by plxmmk@Oct 12 2004, 08:34 AM
Wa Alycom Assalam Wa Rahmatollah

Thank you Abo Umimah( or Abo Saba??!!)
I will try to look for someone that who could do it for me...just like the one who did it for you...

Thanks...

I am happy to stay in touch with you...

Mohammad.....
[snapback]1679[/snapback]​


Daughter's name is Saba Umaimah bint Maruf. I liked the name Umaimah, but wife wanted Saba. Since you want to keep the mother happy we did a compromise B)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
[
Salamoalycom Wa rahmatollah...

How are you abo Umaimah?

You said that you have found a diagram and steps to program the remote in some bullitin? can you please give me the name of that bulitin,or can you send me that diagram and steps? the connector is not a big deal,it can be found on eBay.. but the diagram and steps are very important.

wish you the best...
FEE HEFZ ALLAH. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Originally posted by plxmmk@Oct 26 2004, 05:52 AM
[
Salamoalycom Wa rahmatollah...

How are you abo Umaimah?

You said that you have found a diagram and steps to program the remote in some bullitin?  can you please give me the name of that bulitin,or can you send me that diagram and steps? the connector is not a big deal,it can be found on eBay.. but the diagram and steps are very important.

wish you the best...
FEE HEFZ ALLAH. :)
[snapback]2034[/snapback]​


Ramadan Mubarak,

I am doing fine Br. Mohammed.
Here is the information for you:

Method 1
--------------

Click on this link : http://www.hmaservice.com/webtech/iindex.a...0109#_394890109

Method 2
-------------------
Click on this link:
http://www.hmaservice.com/webtech/iindex.a...7106#_394877106

Go to the bottom of the page and check
5: Code Saving Method


Hope this helps,
Wassalaam
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
Asalamu Alaikum Waramatullahi Wabarakatuh
I tried the links but they are not working for me.
Can you please advise me


Ramadan Mubarak,

I am doing fine Br. Mohammed.
Here is the information for you:

Method 1
--------------

Click on this link : http://www.hmaservice.com/webtech/iindex.a...0109#_394890109

Method 2
-------------------
Click on this link:
http://www.hmaservice.com/webtech/iindex.a...7106#_394877106

Go to the bottom of the page and check
5: Code Saving Method


Hope this helps,
Wassalaam
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top