Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Firstly apologies if this is a repost. I have seen similar topics discussed already, but not knowing if a potential response would differ depending on different models/years I thought I'd best be sure by starting my own.

A few years ago I had the cassette player in my Accent replaced with a CD player. I'n now trading this car in for a new Hyundai, but would like to put the original cassette player back in first. My question is simply, how do I do this? When the CD player was installed, I remember the Halfords guy doing something underneath/close to the steering column and it only took about 10 minutes to do. This is the grey area for me as I'm not sure exactly what he did down there. Once the unit came out, he simply fitted an adaptor socket on the end of the loom to fit the 'square peg in a round hole' so to speak and slid the new unit in. So if somone can get me started off to reverse the process I would very much appreciate it.

The car is a 1.5 mvi on an 'S' plate (1998).

Cheers,

H.

·
Registered
139 Posts
under the steering column is the cables for the ventalation cable. Behind the glove compartment is also a cable. (3 total) You need to disconnect those before you can pull out the console-thingy. Then, its just 2 screw holes hidden by the ashtray, and it pops right out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (atrain @ May 24 2010, 10:23 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=325918
under the steering column is the cables for the ventalation cable. Behind the glove compartment is also a cable. (3 total) You need to disconnect those before you can pull out the console-thingy. Then, its just 2 screw holes hidden by the ashtray, and it pops right out.

Many thanks for the quick response, much obliged sir!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts