Hyundai Forums banner

101 - 109 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
I envy y'all a lot !! I currently have auto '17 accent sedan. I have modified it a tiny bit. I changed the "14 to "16 rims / tires, short ram intake, dash cam & rearview camera, and "10 android stereo, android auto compatible, muffler delete.
How are you liking the muffler delete?
I've thought about a muffler delete but I'm sure the neighbors would throw things at me when I crank it up in the mornings. ???

·
Registered
23 Posts
I don't what to say about it but its hella funny to see 'stang and camero drivers lookin around LOL. I still have the stock muffler, I pulled of a rear axle exhaust from a junk yard

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
Good to see you enjoying your Accent.
Im absolutely thrilled to own one. ??

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #104 (Edited)
Been awhile since I updated and I'm at the point to where things begin to slow down with wiring and working on the electrical end of it. 🤷🏼‍♂️
But first I thought I'd post up this link to a story I had on the 'gram. 😁

Couple of pics of the interior for now.
C096C1BC-877F-4B17-B954-88FA922A0F96.jpeg CB50D800-4A0C-4A7B-928C-E840C10FE66A.jpeg

I did purchase a Chase Bays Coolant overflow tank for relocation to an area clearing out the place the factory coolant overflow now occupies.
This should help with less restricted airflow into the engine for superior cooling.

Here is where I'll be installing my FuelLab 10 micron fuel filter and now need to purchase the upgraded fuel lines to hook this all up.
I'll be gabbing you a custom plate/ bracket for this and should look good when it's done and be out of the way for the eventual intake pipe for the turbo.
B9B6F3F2-64F6-4440-B113-874962332F2B.jpeg

I also installed my main circuit breaker for the power wire going into the interior of the car for my gauges, switches, and other electrical goodies. 😁
64373637-24D4-4DAA-88C4-730A90B71830.jpeg

More to do when I get home again in a few weeks.
Got to keep the truck rolling so all of you reading this can still have food on your tables and parts to buy. 🙏🏽👍

Oh and I'll add this about Josh from KDMTUNERS. I've been listening to ninetyoneoctane.com podcasts lately and they had Josh on there talking about all things KDM.
He talked about building (possibly) a n/a engine build, fully built, and making about 200-235 whp. 😳😍
I'll be hollering at him soon to get some information from him on my build and am now excited on possibly going with an n/a build like this.
He stated it should run 13's in the 1320 and cost about the same as the turbo build. 🙌
4 more months I'll have everything paid off and an extra $900 a month to play with.
You know where this is going. 😂👍😷
If a man can't dream then might as well dive 6 feet under and raise daisies.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
I've had people ask for a sound clip of the Hyundai so here it is. 😂👍

And while I'm at it thought I'd update the thread with a couple of interior shots too.
I hardly drive this thing because I only have 5-6 days a month free time so I'm always amazed how new the car remains. I keep in a storage too so the sun doesn't get to it or any precipitation.

53FA60CF-869E-4012-BCF9-D52544E39B14.jpeg 8CEB1F32-3C94-429C-A1C2-070C7530DBF4.jpeg

Im only home for a couple of days while I change trucking carriers. Hopefully I'll be making more miles and more money. 🙏🏽🍀

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
I thought I'd do a quick update to the thread with some of the new goodies that just came in. 😍

Got my second Chase Bays product for the car which is a coolant reservoir, smaller than the stock unit, and easier to mount in a location away from the front of the car.
D6BED9A7-DE1B-49C8-AAB6-40B8876C4918.jpeg 02303319-F9EF-48B1-B3A4-F23BBC438144.jpeg

I finally got my Canton Racing Accusump so I can finally finish my oil cooling setup. 🙌
This is the 1 quart capacity pre-oiling Accusump the uses pressurized oil being pushed into the engine just before cranking so there will be no more dry starts with this car.
Considering the car sits for a month or more at a time this will save the engine from wear and tear on cold starts.
Switch activated for charging the oil into the accumulator via a solenoid and Uses existing oil pressure when the car is running to charge the sump. 👍

6C5BDA37-C713-4A80-B8AE-EB8596A2E0ED.jpeg

And finally a 3" shifter extender for the car because I'm wanting to have a better shifting experience with more control and the extension has a leverage effect for better shifting. 😍
Torque Solution makes this and I love the feel of the effortless gear changes the car now has. 🤟

E2A97E2C-9152-4E57-8ABC-7455A6FB0C99.jpeg 0BB3EEB2-37DB-4DF8-B9C7-439B6717A090.jpeg

Last pic showing my geekiness and that I'm a full blown car guy, my laptop with car stickers of some of my favorite cars. 🤷🏼‍♂️

C24EE381-8565-4531-B443-B9157BB2EC4D.jpeg

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
Well I'm a happy camper at the moment as I scored a good deal on a Veloster turbo transmission for my swap.
I did the VIN check on it and it's from a 2016 VT R-Spec Rally Edition with only 24,000 miles on it.
It looks like new and it has less miles than my transmission in the Accent. 😂👍
I talked the seller down to $600 with shipping from the original $700 and I'll have this at the front door by next Monday. 🙌
Here's a pic or two.
25F53F2A-CFA5-4D68-A532-2F6CE54E87C1.jpeg 8CDBE592-3ACF-4766-904D-BFA5EA34BF17.jpeg 37FC4682-07FA-49D5-A235-CF3D5777C905.jpeg

I'm hoping to drop a Quaiffe differential in it sometime down the road and add a new lighter flywheel and clutch big enough to handle 300+ hp.
Custom axles will have to be built but in the end it'll all be worth it. 😜

Also (finally) got my VT full service manual in pdf format for my wiring changes and for doing the engine build etc.
Good day for sure. 😎

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was quite bored today and spent some time on this forum for some answers on many things for my 2015 Accent and really couldn't find what I needed.
So I did some research, 8 hours worth, and made some discoveries about the RB Accent and 3rd gen Kia Rio.
I'm not sure how far any on this forum have gone with this but here are some of the details I discovered which may give us some hope for our Accents for some parts.

First the Kia Rio and Accent share about the same weight, length, height, width, fuel capacity, and you get the idea.
Since I could not find a thing on lowering springs for the RB Accent I went deep.
I first went to the Kia OEM parts websites and dug into their springs, mounts, perches, and anything that would compare to the Accent.
Ironically they're all the same thing even down to the part numbers although Kia uses a different last 4 digits to differentiate their items from the Accent.

An example would be the springs have the same OEM part number on both the Kia Rio and Accent with no differences. The struts are identical with both the OEM and RockAuto parts being identical for both so that means they're interchangeable and exactly the same.
Even the calipers and rotors are the same for both cars including the rear discs for both the Kia Rio and Accent rear rotors. The only difference is that some of the Accents have drums for the rear while others have the discs. The Kia Rio's are all disc in the rear being the only difference but the rear rotors and calipers are identical in every way between the two cars.

The struts for the front are identical for the Rio and Accent and the shocks are too.

So basically what I'm trying to say is that any spring that will fit that 2012-2016 Rio will also fit the Accent and I am going to be one that will be making a purchase on these because I've got enough confidence with this research that I'm confident that they'll be a perfect fit.
With the weight of the two cars being about the same there should be little to no difference in the way the Accent will look when installed.

On another note I checked with the AEM cold air intake # 21-715C for the Veloster will also fit our Accents and sent an Email to AEM stating this so that they can do some test fitting of the intake to make 100% sure it fits and possibly market the product to the Accent users, not just for the Velosters.
Again, I did the research on the comparison of the Veloster OEM parts to the Accent OEM parts and they're identical in every respect so in theory should fit perfectly just like the Injen intake fits for now both the Accent and Veloster. Injen now has the Accent listed for the cai that was once only sold to the Veloster.

OEM parts don't lie on whether something is going to fit or not so I trust this information enough to consider it to be good.
I've seen posts on here where people were worried about fit and whether it will work for the springs because I feel this is a subject that will take years before the aftermarket makes parts for our Accents and like the Honda cars of past there is a lot of interchangeability with Kia and Accent that we've just not dug deep enough to see the comparison.

Sorry for the long winded post but I felt this information had to get out.
As a long time poster on the Cavalier, Honda, and Paseo forums of years ago I thought I'd pass this on to those that would take a leap of faith and may make progress for our cars.
I'm sure there will be skeptics but I'll definitely be one to give the springs a try in the very near future. I'm presently between jobs and once back on the road I'll be making purchases to get my Accent the way I want her.

Give this some thought and I'd like to hear what you think.
Thanks.

A couple of side notes if you will.
The Veloster aluminum water pulley will fit our Accents and available from SoCal Garageworks, made by NST. I researched the OEM parts for both and they're identical between the 2012-2016 Veloster and the RB Accent. the water pumps are the same as is their pulley's.

Same is true for the Shifter billet mounting bushings from the Veloster will fit the Accent as will their bronze cable bushings for the cable ends at the transmission.This is something I'll be adding to my Accent and have done so with my Paseo and love the feel of the shifts with the setup.
OEM part numbers are identical for both so they'll work.
I was quite bored today and spent some time on this forum for some answers on many things for my 2015 Accent and really couldn't find what I needed.
So I did some research, 8 hours worth, and made some discoveries about the RB Accent and 3rd gen Kia Rio.
I'm not sure how far any on this forum have gone with this but here are some of the details I discovered which may give us some hope for our Accents for some parts.

First the Kia Rio and Accent share about the same weight, length, height, width, fuel capacity, and you get the idea.
Since I could not find a thing on lowering springs for the RB Accent I went deep.
I first went to the Kia OEM parts websites and dug into their springs, mounts, perches, and anything that would compare to the Accent.
Ironically they're all the same thing even down to the part numbers although Kia uses a different last 4 digits to differentiate their items from the Accent.

An example would be the springs have the same OEM part number on both the Kia Rio and Accent with no differences. The struts are identical with both the OEM and RockAuto parts being identical for both so that means they're interchangeable and exactly the same.
Even the calipers and rotors are the same for both cars including the rear discs for both the Kia Rio and Accent rear rotors. The only difference is that some of the Accents have drums for the rear while others have the discs. The Kia Rio's are all disc in the rear being the only difference but the rear rotors and calipers are identical in every way between the two cars.

The struts for the front are identical for the Rio and Accent and the shocks are too.

So basically what I'm trying to say is that any spring that will fit that 2012-2016 Rio will also fit the Accent and I am going to be one that will be making a purchase on these because I've got enough confidence with this research that I'm confident that they'll be a perfect fit.
With the weight of the two cars being about the same there should be little to no difference in the way the Accent will look when installed.

On another note I checked with the AEM cold air intake # 21-715C for the Veloster will also fit our Accents and sent an Email to AEM stating this so that they can do some test fitting of the intake to make 100% sure it fits and possibly market the product to the Accent users, not just for the Velosters.
Again, I did the research on the comparison of the Veloster OEM parts to the Accent OEM parts and they're identical in every respect so in theory should fit perfectly just like the Injen intake fits for now both the Accent and Veloster. Injen now has the Accent listed for the cai that was once only sold to the Veloster.

OEM parts don't lie on whether something is going to fit or not so I trust this information enough to consider it to be good.
I've seen posts on here where people were worried about fit and whether it will work for the springs because I feel this is a subject that will take years before the aftermarket makes parts for our Accents and like the Honda cars of past there is a lot of interchangeability with Kia and Accent that we've just not dug deep enough to see the comparison.

Sorry for the long winded post but I felt this information had to get out.
As a long time poster on the Cavalier, Honda, and Paseo forums of years ago I thought I'd pass this on to those that would take a leap of faith and may make progress for our cars.
I'm sure there will be skeptics but I'll definitely be one to give the springs a try in the very near future. I'm presently between jobs and once back on the road I'll be making purchases to get my Accent the way I want her.

Give this some thought and I'd like to hear what you think.
Thanks.

A couple of side notes if you will.
The Veloster aluminum water pulley will fit our Accents and available from SoCal Garageworks, made by NST. I researched the OEM parts for both and they're identical between the 2012-2016 Veloster and the RB Accent. the water pumps are the same as is their pulley's.

Same is true for the Shifter billet mounting bushings from the Veloster will fit the Accent as will their bronze cable bushings for the cable ends at the transmission.This is something I'll be adding to my Accent and have done so with my Paseo and love the feel of the shifts with the setup.
OEM part numbers are identical for both so they'll work.
So given all this information would it be possible to swap my 2018 Hyundai Accent stock springs with the springs off of a Kia Rio?

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
So given all this information would it be possible to swap my 2018 Hyundai Accent stock springs with the springs off of a Kia Rio?
Yes it would. But it would have to be the same generation or in this case a 2018 Kia Rio.
2017 to present is the second gen.
2012-2016 is the first gen.
Good luck. 👍

101 - 109 of 109 Posts