Hyundai Forums banner
21 - 40 of 316 Posts

· Registered
2015 RB Accent-not so stock 🤫
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 · (Edited)
Thought I'd update this forum since its seems so dead in here and I'm even wondering if there are any enthusiasts in here that love to upgrade their ride?

Anyway finally got the AEM 21-715C Cold Air Intake System installed and it fit perfectly. Sounds good and looks amazing with the gold heat reflecting tape by DEI.

I also cut out the slots where there would normally be fog lights for better ventilation to the air filter.

Last picture is of the Accent and my truck I drive all over the country. ?

· Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 · (Edited)
More updates for those that might have an interest in upgrading their Accent.
Got some pictures of the Mishimoto RockStar catch can installed and pictures of the Pierce MotorSport 4 point subframe brace and the Sevilla Motorsport tear torsion bar.

I'm very impressed with the quality of the Pierce and Evilla products.
The car now is very solid riding and despite many on this forum stating the rear torsion bar is a waste of money Insay it's a good addition to the car.
Between the front strut bat, subframe bar, and the torsion bar the Accent is a whole different beast now.
With the stock springs and struts it handles amazingly well and takes turns with aplomb.
Hitting bumps on the road now has the rear nice and solid as compared with the squirrely feel prior to the installation of the bar. The torsion bar does exactly what it's supposed to do and that is to keep the rear shock and spring perch stabilized and in alignment.

I'm wuite happy with the setup and upgrades so far and highly recommend them to all that want a better ride and handling on a stick suspension setup.

I also changed the Iridium plugs to pure copper plugs because is a way better conductor than platinum and Iridium. I've done this with all the cars Ivenowned and change plugs when I change my oil so never a worry about them going bad before changing.

I also went with the Royal Purple HPS formula 5w20 since it has more Zinc in it for better lubrication and overall better oil than most synthetics out there. Great oil and been using Royal Purple for many years now.

Anyway I wanted to update this thread for all to see and maybe get a bit motivated to do the same.
Future plans are for the bronze and aluminum bushings for the gear shifter, NRG quick release setup with a nice steering wheel, lighter aluminum water pump pulley and crank pulley, and working in a custom truck bar/ brace for the Accent sedans since there is nothing on the market for this mod.

Happy Holidays all and a Hapoy Nee a year too.

· Registered
2014 Accent Hatchback
85 Posts
More updates for those that might have an interest in upgrading their Accent.
Got some pictures of the Mishimoto RockStar catch can installed and pictures of the Pierce MotorSport 4 point subframe brace and the Sevilla Motorsport tear torsion bar.

I'm very impressed with the quality of the Pierce and Evilla products.
The car now is very solid riding and despite many on this forum stating the rear torsion bar is a waste of money Insay it's a good addition to the car.
Between the front strut bat, subframe bar, and the torsion bar the Accent is a whole different beast now.
With the stock springs and struts it handles amazingly well and takes turns with aplomb.
Hitting bumps on the road now has the rear nice and solid as compared with the squirrely feel prior to the installation of the bar. The torsion bar does exactly what it's supposed to do and that is to keep the rear shock and spring perch stabilized and in alignment.

I'm wuite happy with the setup and upgrades so far and highly recommend them to all that want a better ride and handling on a stick suspension setup.

I also changed the Iridium plugs to pure copper plugs because is a way better conductor than platinum and Iridium. I've done this with all the cars Ivenowned and change plugs when I change my oil so never a worry about them going bad before changing.

I also went with the Royal Purple HPS formula 5w20 since it has more Zinc in it for better lubrication and overall better oil than most synthetics out there. Great oil and been using Royal Purple for many years now.

Anyway I wanted to update this thread for all to see and maybe get a bit motivated to do the same.
Future plans are for the bronze and aluminum bushings for the gear shifter, NRG quick release setup with a nice steering wheel, lighter aluminum water pump pulley and crank pulley, and working in a custom truck bar/ brace for the Accent sedans since there is nothing on the market for this mod.

Happy Holidays all and a Hapoy Nee a year too.
All the mods in this post are on my list. Good to see someone do it for a reference.

· Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Well worth it Pat.
Pulleys will be next and steering wheel sometime in February or March.
Rims and tires after that and finally lowering springs and fresh struts / shocks.

The car really feels solid now as compared to before. Great ride now. ??

· Registered
2014 Accent Hatchback
85 Posts
Well worth it Pat.
Pulleys will be next and steering wheel sometime in February or March.
Rims and tires after that and finally lowering springs and fresh struts / shocks.

The car really feels solid now as compared to before. Great ride now. ??
The only thing I'm woried about is the catch can. Not too sure which lines to run to it.

· Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Pat the line coming off of the PCV valve on top of the engine goes to the "in" side of the can.
The line coming off of the intake tract goes to the "out" side of the can.
Let me know if that helps. ? ?

· Registered
99 Posts
Good mods, and many I've been looking into.

I'm finally getting around to replacing the rear stock shocks with the KYB's and due to faulty front struts I've picked up some monroe quick struts. I'll see how they do as apparently the accent has two spring rates, one for manual, one for auto and the monroes do not specify. From what I've read monroes are a bit softer so that may be dissapointing. However, a slightly softer front and a stiffer rear is not horrible on a fwd vehicle.

Which specific AEM CAI did you purchase? I'm finding quite a few for the veloster.

Also, any links to the suspension? Looks like evilla stopped producing a lot of it? Looking to get a rear torsion bar as this thing is extremely skidding over bumps, especially at speed.

Going to my General G-Max AS-05 tires has been a huge upgrade though, compared to both my previous AS-03's and Firestone Firehawks, let alone the stock kumho's so definitely upgrade your rubber if you haven't yet as you are not going your current setup any justice otherwise.

· Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
AEM 21-715C Cold Air Intake System Charcoal Is what I bought for the car and fits perfect.
Pierce Motor Sports is where I got the 4 point subframe brace, the upper front strut bar, and the rear torsion bar from.
They all work great together for a solid ride and no more squirming around the corners.

I just purchased and stepping out on a limb here with the SoCalGarageWorks Veloster Aluminum Crank pulley for the car. If my research is right the n/a veloster and Accent use the same crank pulley as their OEM part numbers are shared.
I also got the water pump pulley too from SoCal so the combo of both will free up some hp and take some weight off of the rotational mass.
I've used light weight and underdrive pillows on the last 2 car builds and have never had a problem with them at all. They work as claimed.

NRG steering wheel quick release setup coming soon, some transmission shifter bushings coming to replace the rubber units soon, and some Konig Rewind rims with 40 offset wrapped in Yokohama rubber in the spring will be coming as well.

I'd lower the car but I'm waiting for the factory setup to get more miles on it before I do.
The Accent is a decent ride to modify and can be a good driver if setup properly. I love this little car.
I also found some tuning options for putting a tune on the car through your OBD2 port which has been so hard to find. More research on it before I make a decision though.

Good luck with your ride and Happy New Year everyone. ?

· Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 · (Edited)
Finally got some parts in.
Got the water pump and crank pulleys from SoCalGarage and they're a perfect fit.
Even though the crank pulley is only available for the Veloster I knew it would fit with no issues.

Quite easy to install for the two and the crank pulley came right off for an easy 1 hour install for the two.
They're much lighter than the factory units and driving the car now has a more efficient feel to the acceleration and drop in revs than previously.
Roll on acceleration is much smoother and these pulleys are a great compliment to the AEM cold air intake.

I also got the second cat delete exhaust pipe from Evilla but could not get the rusted bolts loose to install it. ? Even using an electric impact wrench it would not come loose so I'll be taking it to a muffler shop for them to install this on Monday.

Some other goodies I'll be installing tomorrow but won't reveal them until next time I post up. ?

Also for those wanting to do the Subaru front lip install I took some pics of how I installed it and you'll also notice some strap I used to reinforce the integrity of the bumper.
Nice and solid bumper and looks great. I used as many of the original holes as I could and added what I needed to make this a solid install.

· Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 · (Edited)
Another update to the Accent. I took some time to do it but it came out great.
I've been wanting to do this mod since I got this car and now it's finally done.
Bottom bumper reflectors replaces with live LEDs and they look great.
Got these from KDMHolics and worth every penny in the quality and looks.
Brake lights work great too and very visible from the rear so everyone should be able to see me hitting the brakes. ??

I also went a step further and added some side markers for the front and rear. You can see the rears installed and working but didn't have the time to do the fronts.
Working in the trucking industry this will add a bit of safety to the car and visibility to others in seeing it.
Everything was soldered, taped, and loomed for a factory look as I do in all my builds.
Amber in the front and red in the rear.
I love the look of these on the car as well as the bumpers too.

I get my secondary cat delete installed tomorrow and will be finishing up the front side markers install too.

The Accent is really coming together so far and very pleased with all the added components.

· Registered
33 Posts
Another update to the Accent. I took some time to do it but it came out great.
I've been wanting to do this mod since I got this car and now it's finally done.
Bottom bumper reflectors replaces with live LEDs and they look great.
Got these from KDMHolics and worth every penny in the quality and looks.
Brake lights work great too and very visible from the rear so everyone should be able to see me hitting the brakes. ??

I also went a step further and added some side markers for the front and rear. You can see the rears installed and working but didn't have the time to do the fronts.
Working in the trucking industry this will add a bit of safety to the car and visibility to others in seeing it.
Everything was soldered, taped, and loomed for a factory look as I do in all my builds.
Amber in the front and red in the rear.
I love the look of these on the car as well as the bumpers too.

I get my secondary cat delete installed tomorrow and will be finishing up the front side markers install too.

The Accent is really coming together so far and very pleased with all the added components.
Your LED setup looks amazing brother the pride shines as bright as the LED's! I'm going to be doing the same replacing all my stock bulbs to LED too.

· Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 · (Edited)
Well finally got the Evilla secondary cat delete mid pipe installed.
After taking it to a local muffler shop the guy said he couldn't do it because of the EPA. ?
So I went to a parts store and bought some penetrating oil and loosened those bolts right up.

I gotta say that Evilla has some legit products. This mid pipe is well made and fit perfectly while looking completely stock under the car.
Sounds great too and just a bit louder than with the mid pipe cat. Love the sound.
I did the install all by myself so one person can do this install with few issues. Everything lined up nicely and used spare jack stands to hold up the sections while I installed it. ?

I also finished up my side marker lights for the front and they look good. Nice and bright and gives a bit of added safety at night as they make the car easily seen.

The car is pretty much done for now with just a few minor things I'll be adding but that's a couple of months away.

I'll be saving up for rims and tires for the next big thing added to the car.
I'm not lowering it yet. The car is still too new and like to wear out parts before they're replaced. ??

I hope this thread inspires someone and lets them see what can be done to improve the overall package.
It's such a sweet ride right now. ?

· Registered
33 Posts
Also for those wanting to do the Subaru front lip install I took some pics of how I installed it and you'll also notice some strap I used to reinforce the integrity of the bumper.
Nice and solid bumper and looks great. I used as many of the original holes as I could and added what I needed to make this a solid install.

Which model Subaru spoiler is this one from? Can you send me the link I would like to try and source one here in SA.

· Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
(06-07 Impreza WRX STI S204 Front Bumper Lip Pu Urethane)
Amazon has this and is where I purchased it from.
Copy and paste the above in parentheses into the amazon search and you'll see it. ?

· Registered
99 Posts
Well finally got the Evilla secondary cat delete mid pipe installed.
After taking it to a local muffler shop the guy said he couldn't do it because of the EPA. ?
So I went to a parts store and bought some penetrating oil and loosened those bolts right up.

I gotta say that Evilla has some legit products. This mid pipe is well made and fit perfectly while looking completely stock under the car.
Sounds great too and just a bit louder than with the mid pipe cat. Love the sound.
I did the install all by myself so one person can do this install with few issues. Everything lined up nicely and used spare jack stands to hold up the sections while I installed it. ?

I also finished up my side marker lights for the front and they look good. Nice and bright and gives a bit of added safety at night as they make the car easily seen.

The car is pretty much done for now with just a few minor things I'll be adding but that's a couple of months away.

I'll be saving up for rims and tires for the next big thing added to the car.
I'm not lowering it yet. The car is still too new and like to wear out parts before they're replaced. ??

I hope this thread inspires someone and lets them see what can be done to improve the overall package.
It's such a sweet ride right now. ?
Hey, any chance you can get an audio clip of the exhaust with the midpipe? I've been looking at exhausts that are a hair louder, without well... being ricey.

Also, what led bulbs are you using in those turn signals? Was that pic taken with hazards on (and catching the brightest point) or just normal?

I had some zevo white leds that were no where near as bright. On the same note, are you running a resistor for them, or?

Thanks.

· Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Hey, any chance you can get an audio clip of the exhaust with the midpipe? I've been looking at exhausts that are a hair louder, without well... being ricey.

Also, what led bulbs are you using in those turn signals? Was that pic taken with hazards on (and catching the brightest point) or just normal?

I had some zevo white leds that were no where near as bright. On the same note, are you running a resistor for them, or?

Thanks.
Got your request but got it late. Sorry.
I'll answer your questions tomorrow night when I'm done driving for the day.

I'll have some answers for you then.
Not sure on a sound clip and how to post it. Oh and it's not ricey at all, it sounds amazing.

Again I'll answer some more tomorrow-got to ? right now. It's late. ??

· Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Here is the link for the leds in the front turn signals.
http://www.jdmastar.com/info/183/Shop_by_Bulb_Size.html
I used the switchback leds for the front turn signals and that was a normal parking light pictur taken.
When you hazard or turn signal they turn Amber.
JDMAstar is a good company for their leds.
After a couple of years I've had to replace a couple of lamps from AStar but really didn't care they didn't last any longer. They have good light and very bright.

No resistor used on any of the led lamps.
Turn signal relay handles it well but does not hyperflash ridiculously so.
It's quite tolerable and faster than stock but I like it that way as people see you better that way. ??

· Registered
99 Posts
Here is the link for the leds in the front turn signals.
Shop by Bulb Size at JDMASTAR.COM
I used the switchback leds for the front turn signals and that was a normal parking light pictur taken.
When you hazard or turn signal they turn Amber.
JDMAstar is a good company for their leds.
After a couple of years I've had to replace a couple of lamps from AStar but really didn't care they didn't last any longer. They have good light and very bright.

No resistor used on any of the led lamps.
Turn signal relay handles it well but does not hyperflash ridiculously so.
It's quite tolerable and faster than stock but I like it that way as people see you better that way. ??
Thanks. Just to confirm, was this the correct set?

JDM ASTAR Auto LED Bulbs,LED Headlight,Fog Lamps & Turn Signal Brake Tail Light

I know factory are 2357's but 1157's work too. Also, any clearance issues? I had zevo's that seemed to hyperflash ridiculously fast. But maybe if these are running slightly higher wattage it won't be as crazy?

· Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Thanks. Just to confirm, was this the correct set?

JDM ASTAR Auto LED Bulbs,LED Headlight,Fog Lamps & Turn Signal Brake Tail Light

I know factory are 2357's but 1157's work too. Also, any clearance issues? I had zevo's that seemed to hyperflash ridiculously fast. But maybe if these are running slightly higher wattage it won't be as crazy?
Yup that's the one I'm presently using and no issues on clearance issues, even for the tail light lamps.
Hyper flash is there but not bad enough to be an issue but for you maybe so. They do flash faster but again for me I don't have a problem with it.
I didn't want to use resistors because of all the wiring issues and mounting the resistors somewhere where they won't melt anything. ??

I'm using Zevos for the license plate and bought some for the front corners. They're a true white light and should last longer than the JDM off brand I bought. ?

Good luck man.
Got some more goodies ordered which will compliment everything once installed.
Rims and tires night and paid for and should have some updates to the thread late March when I get back home.
Can't wait. ?

21 - 40 of 316 Posts