Hyundai Forums banner
261 - 280 of 283 Posts

Β·
Registered
2015 RB Accent-not so stock 🀫
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #262 ·
Oh **** those are really cool looking I've heard corner balancing is night and day
It is and something I've always wanted to do.

Im also amazed that this thread has gone 14 pages.
πŸ™ŒπŸ˜πŸ˜Ž
What started as an idea of interchangeable options and thinking aloud from the Kia to the Accent has come along to so much more to inspire others to see the possibilities. πŸ€ πŸ˜‰

Thanks to everyone involved in this thread and it's longevity. πŸ‘πŸ™πŸ½πŸ™ŒπŸ˜πŸ€Ÿ

Β·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #263 ·
Finally got my new wheels and tires. πŸ˜πŸ™Œ
Konig wheels with tires weighed in at 32lb and the new wheels and tires weighed in at 29lbs. 😈😎
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle
Automotive parking light Tire Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle registration plate Wheel

Sent the turbo off to Jet Hot for the 2500degree ceramic coating to help keep the engine bay a bit cooler. 😁
Goggles Automotive lighting Gas Sunglasses Eyewear

I should have it back mid August.
I'll be doing the down pipe too once I get it and send it off to Jet Hot for the same coating. πŸ‘

Got the 64mm throttlebody installed from QwikTyme and it matches the 25mm tb spacer almost perfectly with only a tiny lip so I'm guessing the spacer measures 63.8mm in diameter which isn't bad. πŸ˜‰πŸ‘

Rear seat delete is done so the trunk is now clear for trailer hitch installation and me planning out the water meth install for the eventual turbo motor.

The car is maxed out on any more upgrades and volumetric efficiency has reached its plateau with the stock tune. She's a quick little car though and keeps the smiles per mile going. πŸ€™

Β·
Registered
2014 Hyundai Accent Hatchback
378 Posts
Finally got my new wheels and tires. πŸ˜πŸ™Œ
Konig wheels with tires weighed in at 32lb and the new wheels and tires weighed in at 29lbs. 😈😎
View attachment 459707 View attachment 459708 View attachment 459709 View attachment 459710

Sent the turbo off to Jet Hot for the 2500degree ceramic coating to help keep the engine bay a bit cooler. 😁
View attachment 459711

I should have it back mid August.
I'll be doing the down pipe too once I get it and send it off to Jet Hot for the same coating. πŸ‘

Got the 64mm throttlebody installed from QwikTyme and it matches the 25mm tb spacer almost perfectly with only a tiny lip so I'm guessing the spacer measures 63.8mm in diameter which isn't bad. πŸ˜‰πŸ‘

Rear seat delete is done so the trunk is now clear for trailer hitch installation and me planning out the water meth install for the eventual turbo motor.

The car is maxed out on any more upgrades and volumetric efficiency has reached its plateau with the stock tune. She's a quick little car though and keeps the smiles per mile going. πŸ€™
The wheels look awesome! I didn't think red wheels could look that good! Did you get new tires to go with them?

Β·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #265 ·
The wheels look awesome! I didn't think red wheels could look that good! Did you get new tires to go with them?
Yup got new tires too.
Reduced 3lbs per wheel with the new setup or 12 lbs total. 😁

I did t want a main stream colored wheel and had red as the color of choice as it goes well with the white car and red accent theme of the car.
I like them. I wish I'd have gone with a 215 wide tire as these tires don't look as aggressive as on my Konig wheels. πŸ€·πŸΌβ€β™‚οΈπŸ˜‰

Β·
Registered
378 Posts
Yup got new tires too.
Reduced 3lbs per wheel with the new setup or 12 lbs total. 😁

I did t want a main stream colored wheel and had red as the color of choice as it goes well with the white car and red accent theme of the car.
I like them. I wish I'd have gone with a 215 wide tire as these tires don't look as aggressive as on my Konig wheels. πŸ€·πŸΌβ€β™‚οΈπŸ˜‰
What size tires did you go with?

Β·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #267 ·
What size tires did you go with?
I went with 205/45/16 and the Konig wheels had the 205/55/15 and although they're still Yokohama tires with near identical specs the new tires aren't as wide at the tread. 🀨🧐

The offset of the new wheels bring in the wheels 2mm into the wheel well but they still have a perfect fitment that I like.
I'll take the lighter weight any day over a couple of millimeters. πŸ˜πŸ˜‰

I'm pretty much done with the car for a while and will be back on the bike again so I can have it rideable by Spring next year. 😍🏍🀟

Β·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #269 ·
Wheels look awesome dude they fit great. My car has also taken the back burner to home Reno's and has found new life as a work truck View attachment 459725
πŸ˜‚
That's the nicest work truck I've seen. 😍
Where can I get one of those? πŸ˜‰πŸ˜πŸ˜Ž
Don't get it too scratched up though. πŸ˜³πŸ˜¬πŸ˜”

Β·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #270 ·
Back from the dead. πŸ˜‚
Going to the drag strip tomorrow to get some times on the car and may do some bracket racing too.
Been 18 years since I raced winning back to back trophies, retired from drag racing, and after having to fix a bad slave cylinder the Accent is ready to run.
I did some practice runs on a deserted road known for a bridge to bridge 1/4 mile and the car ran great.
7 grand shift points in the first 3 gears and the car seems really quick.
I'll know after tomorrow and will post up some times and video.
Here's one of my runs today.

Can't wait for tomorrow. πŸ€ͺπŸ˜‰

Β·
Registered
378 Posts
Back from the dead. πŸ˜‚
Going to the drag strip tomorrow to get some times on the car and may do some bracket racing too.
Been 18 years since I raced winning back to back trophies, retired from drag racing, and after having to fix a bad slave cylinder the Accent is ready to run.
I did some practice runs on a deserted road known for a bridge to bridge 1/4 mile and the car ran great.
7 grand shift points in the first 3 gears and the car seems really quick.
I'll know after tomorrow and will post up some times and video.
Here's one of my runs today.

Can't wait for tomorrow. πŸ€ͺπŸ˜‰
That car sounds awesome! You will have to tell us what times you run!

Β·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #272 ·
That car sounds awesome! You will have to tell us what times you run!
Thank you sir πŸ™πŸ½ and I most certainly will.
Ive been helping a friend in Florida with a n/a Veloster in getting his car quicker and he runs similar mods. He tracked his car and was running mid to high 17's so that kind of set the bar and expectation on what I'll be running.
Honestly if I break into the 16's I'd be completely stoked. The car feels 'fast' but only the time slip will reveal the truth.

But having drag raced for years in a mid 15 second Cavalier Z24 at the strip (automatic btw) this Accent feels quite similar in the power so we'll see after tonight.
These will be my base line runs for a full n/a built Accent so I don't have to be fast as I'll be turbocharged soon enough and running in the 12's with no problem. πŸ€žπŸ™πŸ½

I would've started getting my motor and everything to finish collecting all the parts needed but after the slave cylinder failure and leaving me stranded I had to make a decision.
The bike I bought as a means for secondary transportation won't be done for at least another year. πŸ˜–
So I bought this.
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive lighting Automotive fuel system

There goes my motor build, clutch and flywheel, and custom axles I need for the turbo build but I'll have a means to get around and have fun while doing it. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‰πŸ˜πŸ˜
This time next year begins the finishing process of getting all the parts I need to start getting the swap started. My goal is I'll have it done in 2 more years and driving so we will see.
Everything is falling into place and if Biden doesn't shut this country down with economic collapse I hope to be done by then. 🀞

I'll have an update tomorrow.

Β·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #274 ·
Finally got to track the car at the drag strip and she ran great on every run.

The cars not fast by any means but she is quick for an econobox commuter car and the time slips prove it.
Out of 11 runs down the strip she averaged an elapsed time of 17.632 with a best time in the bracket eliminations of 17.414 ET. 😍

What surprised me was the speed of the car at the traps or end of the track with an average of 82.9 mph in 11 runs.
My best speed was an impressive 83.69 mph which is 4mph slower than my Z24 drag car I raced 18 years ago with best of 15.631 ET.

18 years away from the track and I felt right at home again with the exception I was driving a manual.
Here's the time slips.
Handwriting Font Paper Paper product Document
Handwriting Font Material property Paper Paper product

I'd love to see what a bone stock Accent runs for comparison
I got done racing and went home with the air conditioning like a champ. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜Ž

A couple more of the car after a good night. 😍😁
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood
Wheel Tire Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Car

Now that I've got a baseline for a n/a modified Accent I'll be going back to the track to see what the turbo swap times will bring. πŸ˜‰
2-3 years we will know. πŸ€žπŸ™πŸ½πŸ€™

Β·
Registered
378 Posts
Finally got to track the car at the drag strip and she ran great on every run.

The cars not fast by any means but she is quick for an econobox commuter car and the time slips prove it.
Out of 11 runs down the strip she averaged an elapsed time of 17.632 with a best time in the bracket eliminations of 17.414 ET. 😍

What surprised me was the speed of the car at the traps or end of the track with an average of 82.9 mph in 11 runs.
My best speed was an impressive 83.69 mph which is 4mph slower than my Z24 drag car I raced 18 years ago with best of 15.631 ET.

18 years away from the track and I felt right at home again with the exception I was driving a manual.
Here's the time slips.
View attachment 463441 View attachment 463442

I'd love to see what a bone stock Accent runs for comparison
I got done racing and went home with the air conditioning like a champ. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜Ž

A couple more of the car after a good night. 😍😁
View attachment 463443 View attachment 463444

Now that I've got a baseline for a n/a modified Accent I'll be going back to the track to see what the turbo swap times will bring. πŸ˜‰
2-3 years we will know. πŸ€žπŸ™πŸ½πŸ€™
That's awesome! Since my car is relatively stock apart from my intake and exhaust, I should take mine to the strip and see how she runs

Β·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #276 ·
That's awesome! Since my car is relatively stock apart from my intake and exhaust, I should take mine to the strip and see how she runs
Why not?
I was out on the track and the only import and only subcompact sedan out there.
All the other cars were drag cars, hot rods, and some fast twin turbo Euro cars in the 10's that night.
Have some fun and see how the car does. If anything it will do the car some good in blasting out all that car I build up. πŸ‘

Β·
Registered
378 Posts
Why not?
I was out on the track and the only import and only subcompact sedan out there.
All the other cars were drag cars, hot rods, and some fast twin turbo Euro cars in the 10's that night.
Have some fun and see how the car does. If anything it will do the car some good in blasting out all that car I build up. πŸ‘
Oh wow, yeah that's always my worry as I will be the only person with a sub 300hp car there. There is a strip about an hour and a half away where my uncle takes his souped up Chevy Nova, but it's only eighth mile.

Β·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #278 ·
Oh wow, yeah that's always my worry as I will be the only person with a sub 300hp car there. There is a strip about an hour and a half away where my uncle takes his souped up Chevy Nova, but it's only eighth mile.
I've done both 1/8 mile and 1/4 mile and won trophies in both 18 years ago.
1/8 mile is less stress on the motor and all but still as much fun as the 1/4 mile.

One thing I've learned in life is don't worry about what people think about you. So if you show up with your Accent amongst the hot rods don't worry about it. Like any one starting in drag racing we all start at the bottom and work our way up.

Β·
Registered
378 Posts
I've done both 1/8 mile and 1/4 mile and won trophies in both 18 years ago.
1/8 mile is less stress on the motor and all but still as much fun as the 1/4 mile.

One thing I've learned in life is don't worry about what people think about you. So if you show up with your Accent amongst the hot rods don't worry about it. Like any one starting in drag racing we all start at the bottom and work our way up.
That is very true! The next test and tune they have there I'll have to go. I think the season is finished for this year, so I'll have to go next!

Β·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #280 ·
That is very true! The next test and tune they have there I'll have to go. I think the season is finished for this year, so I'll have to go next!
Please do. I'd like to see what times you get and compare.
Honestly I've never heard of or seen an RB Accent at the drag strip so let's do this. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜

261 - 280 of 283 Posts