Hyundai Forums banner
241 - 260 of 283 Posts

Β·
Registered
2015 RB Accent-not so stock 🀫
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #241 ·
Last update for a while and a shout out to @TooGqForYou on the Veloster and VT.org forums for a super deal on a new stock VT turbo. πŸ™ŒπŸ€ŸπŸ˜
This will be used in the VT motor swap in the near future and although it's a stock unit I think it will give me an idea of how well the Accent will handle 230-250 hp with a good tune.
Gas Machine Metal Auto part Personal protective equipment
Automotive tire Bicycle part Bumper Rim Automotive design

I plan on building the motor and head to handle 400 hp with ease so if I decide to go with a stuffed turbo or bigger it'll handle it.

Now to source a good clutch setup, a long block for rebuild, and a head to do the same along with custom axles. I'm in no hurry as my wallet can only take so much emptying out. πŸ˜‚πŸ€·πŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ

Β·
Registered
270 Posts
Wanna see you fly my man!!!

Β·
Registered
75 Posts
Wow I missed alot your really givener **** super interested in the tune. Although in my province they just made modifying your car illegal as of last week so will be trying to fly under the radar.

Β·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #244 ·
Wow I missed alot your really givener **** super interested in the tune. Although in my province they just made modifying your car illegal as of last week so will be trying to fly under the radar.
I'll post up what happens with the possibility of it being tuned when I hear from the guru friend of mine. 🀐🀫
There's no guarantee but somebody has to give it a whirl. πŸ€·πŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
This is such a good platform we have and I'd like to see it take off. πŸ™πŸ½πŸ€ž

Β·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #245 ·
Just another quick post of the Curt trailer hitch I'll be installing in a year or so.
I needed a way to haul my motor scooter around for track days. 😁
Bicycle part Camera accessory Carbon Bicycle accessory Metal
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle registration plate Car Vehicle

I r already got a trailer lined up for it and it's collapsible for storage space. πŸ˜πŸ‘

Last a couple of random pics of how the car looks for now and freshly ceramic coated to boot. 😜😍
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle registration plate Car Vehicle
Tire Wheel Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Car
Car Tire Vehicle registration plate Wheel Vehicle
Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Gear shift
Automotive parking light Vehicle registration plate Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Car
Automotive parking light Wheel Cloud Sky Land vehicle

Oh and a pic of the motor scooter but R rated picture as she's a bit naked. πŸ˜‚
18+ viewing only. 😁🏍
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Engineering Gas

Thanks for looking. πŸ‘πŸ˜Ž

Β·
Registered
2 Posts
I was quite bored today and spent some time on this forum for some answers on many things for my 2015 Accent and really couldn't find what I needed.
So I did some research, 8 hours worth, and made some discoveries about the RB Accent and 3rd gen Kia Rio.
I'm not sure how far any on this forum have gone with this but here are some of the details I discovered which may give us some hope for our Accents for some parts.

First the Kia Rio and Accent share about the same weight, length, height, width, fuel capacity, and you get the idea.
Since I could not find a thing on lowering springs for the RB Accent I went deep.
I first went to the Kia OEM parts websites and dug into their springs, mounts, perches, and anything that would compare to the Accent.
Ironically they're all the same thing even down to the part numbers although Kia uses a different last 4 digits to differentiate their items from the Accent.

An example would be the springs have the same OEM part number on both the Kia Rio and Accent with no differences. The struts are identical with both the OEM and RockAuto parts being identical for both so that means they're interchangeable and exactly the same.
Even the calipers and rotors are the same for both cars including the rear discs for both the Kia Rio and Accent rear rotors. The only difference is that some of the Accents have drums for the rear while others have the discs. The Kia Rio's are all disc in the rear being the only difference but the rear rotors and calipers are identical in every way between the two cars.

The struts for the front are identical for the Rio and Accent and the shocks are too.

So basically what I'm trying to say is that any spring that will fit that 2012-2016 Rio will also fit the Accent and I am going to be one that will be making a purchase on these because I've got enough confidence with this research that I'm confident that they'll be a perfect fit.
With the weight of the two cars being about the same there should be little to no difference in the way the Accent will look when installed.

On another note I checked with the AEM cold air intake # 21-715C for the Veloster will also fit our Accents and sent an Email to AEM stating this so that they can do some test fitting of the intake to make 100% sure it fits and possibly market the product to the Accent users, not just for the Velosters.
Again, I did the research on the comparison of the Veloster OEM parts to the Accent OEM parts and they're identical in every respect so in theory should fit perfectly just like the Injen intake fits for now both the Accent and Veloster. Injen now has the Accent listed for the cai that was once only sold to the Veloster.

OEM parts don't lie on whether something is going to fit or not so I trust this information enough to consider it to be good.
I've seen posts on here where people were worried about fit and whether it will work for the springs because I feel this is a subject that will take years before the aftermarket makes parts for our Accents and like the Honda cars of past there is a lot of interchangeability with Kia and Accent that we've just not dug deep enough to see the comparison.

Sorry for the long winded post but I felt this information had to get out.
As a long time poster on the Cavalier, Honda, and Paseo forums of years ago I thought I'd pass this on to those that would take a leap of faith and may make progress for our cars.
I'm sure there will be skeptics but I'll definitely be one to give the springs a try in the very near future. I'm presently between jobs and once back on the road I'll be making purchases to get my Accent the way I want her.

Give this some thought and I'd like to hear what you think.
Thanks.

A couple of side notes if you will.
The Veloster aluminum water pulley will fit our Accents and available from SoCal Garageworks, made by NST. I researched the OEM parts for both and they're identical between the 2012-2016 Veloster and the RB Accent. the water pumps are the same as is their pulley's.

Same is true for the Shifter billet mounting bushings from the Veloster will fit the Accent as will their bronze cable bushings for the cable ends at the transmission.This is something I'll be adding to my Accent and have done so with my Paseo and love the feel of the shifts with the setup.
OEM part numbers are identical for both so they'll work.
On the AEM cold air intake for the Veloster 1.6 GDI (NA) it fits the Accent 100%. I currently have it on my 2014 Accent.

Thanks
Matt

Β·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #247 ·
On the AEM cold air intake for the Veloster 1.6 GDI (NA) it fits the Accent 100%. I currently have it on my 2014 Accent.

Thanks
Matt
Good to hear and thanks for the feedback. πŸ‘
How are you enjoying the intake?

There's many more parts that work and the reason why I started this thread in hopes it would inspire and get others involved with the Accent. πŸ™πŸ½πŸ€™

Β·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #250 ·
Does the hitch bolt up to the frame rails? And did you have to do any drilling?
Yes it'll fit the frame rail on the drivers side, fits the tow hook loop, but uses only the trunks sheet metal by the looks of it for the passenger side under the muffler.

Holes don't need to be drilled but I'm going a step further by drilling through the frame rail in the drivers side using 1/2" grade 8 nuts and bolts and this should also match the hole diameter of the hitch nicely. Hitch comes with measly 3/8" hardware. πŸ™„πŸ€¨
I'm also reinforcing both the drivers side and passenger side connections with metal flat bar on top of the trunk to help with the load of the hitch. It's kind of like sandwiching the trunks frame with the hitch and reinforcing flat bar for load bearing increase. 😁
There's not much Incan do to reinforce the tow loop but it's fairly strong anyway as the foundation of the tow loop is used to lift the entire rear of the car so I can place my jack stands. 😁

I'm hoping to be able to pull the bike (485 lbs) and the trailer for it (350 lbs) with no issues. I'm not sure how much that will be for the tongue weight but this class1 hitch is only rated for 200lbs tongue weight. 🀨 That weight is also how they want you to install it but with reinforcement I should have no problem.

It'll be next year when I install it and I'll have a how to on doing the reinforcements along with the hitch. 😁

Β·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #252 ·
So with my car gutted my foot always slipped off the dead pedal when it rained snatched one off a Toyota 86 FRS BRZ whatever lined right up to factory holes 2 7 mil screws and 2 u clips bam View attachment 458206 View attachment 458207 View attachment 458208
Nice. πŸ‘
I bet it gets loud in that car with no interior in it. πŸ˜¬πŸ˜³πŸ˜‚
Post up some pics of the gutted interior.
I'll be removing my back seats to offset the weight of the trailer hitch which is about 35lbs. I hate gaining weight with a mod so losing the rear seats which I never use anyway wont be too big of a pain.πŸ‘

I'll also be going with an antigravity battery down the road too as that'll help with removing 30lbs from the front end and more weight reduction. πŸ˜‚
Now if I could lose 20lbs that too would help not only me but the cars weight as well. πŸ˜πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈπŸ˜‚
Truck driving has added 30lbs in me but my added weight training has added some as well. 20lbs and I'm good. 🀞😁😎

Β·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #253 ·
Well I got my oil sample evaluated from Blackstine and here are the results.
Font Material property Parallel Rectangle Screenshot

Everything looked good with the exception of the iron content, sodium, and the TBN was at the threshold.

Iron content is probably high because I do run the car hard. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜πŸ€·πŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Sodium content is probably in the oil In using as no additives are used in my oil for now. They're stating coolant but because it has sulphuric but ptassium is low and that's also an indicator of coolant in the oil.
I guarantee there's no coolant in the oil. πŸ˜‰

TBN is how much additives is left in the oil and a 1.1 is pretty low hence me changing the oil at 6,000 miles. It needed changing and this proves that.

So from what I'm seeing is the engine is in Rio too shape. πŸ™Œ
I'll be sending in another sample to see if there's any changes.

I'm using Royal Purple HPS formula with added zinc in a 5w20 blend and this time around I'm using Rislone Nano Prime synthetic additive to see how well this works.
Engine runs great and revs easily to redline with no problem.

So I'll be checking again for any oil consumption and changing the oil this time at 5,000 miles. πŸ‘πŸ˜Ž

Β·
Registered
2014 Hyundai Accent Hatchback
378 Posts
Well I got my oil sample evaluated from Blackstine and here are the results.
View attachment 458291

Everything looked good with the exception of the iron content, sodium, and the TBN was at the threshold.

Iron content is probably high because I do run the car hard. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜πŸ€·πŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Sodium content is probably in the oil In using as no additives are used in my oil for now. They're stating coolant but because it has sulphuric but ptassium is low and that's also an indicator of coolant in the oil.
I guarantee there's no coolant in the oil. πŸ˜‰

TBN is how much additives is left in the oil and a 1.1 is pretty low hence me changing the oil at 6,000 miles. It needed changing and this proves that.

So from what I'm seeing is the engine is in Rio too shape. πŸ™Œ
I'll be sending in another sample to see if there's any changes.

I'm using Royal Purple HPS formula with added zinc in a 5w20 blend and this time around I'm using Rislone Nano Prime synthetic additive to see how well this works.
Engine runs great and revs easily to redline with no problem.

So I'll be checking again for any oil consumption and changing the oil this time at 5,000 miles. πŸ‘πŸ˜Ž
Wow, that's really cool. I've seen YouTubers like that ChrisFix use this before and it seems really cool. I wonder if they ship from Canada!

Β·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #255 ·
Wow, that's really cool. I've seen YouTubers like that ChrisFix use this before and it seems really cool. I wonder if they ship from Canada!
Go to their website and or give them a call.
I'll keep using them at each oil change. It's a good way to know how the motor is doing and the oil as well. I'm pretty happy with the Royal Purple after this analysis. πŸ‘

Β·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #258 ·

Β·
Registered
75 Posts
Hey @misnblu when you did your rear springs did you install the big rubber isolator back in there? I was thinking of just taking it out or atleast cutting it up to drop the rear of the car more. But I also don't want it to be noisy as ****.

Β·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #260 ·
Hey @misnblu when you did your rear springs did you install the big rubber isolator back in there? I was thinking of just taking it out or atleast cutting it up to drop the rear of the car more. But I also don't want it to be noisy as ****.
Yes I did reuse the coil spring pad when installing.
I was more worried about the spring moving around on the perch and causing all kind of havoc with the paint and eventual wear and tear of the perch.

It does sit up a hair more in the rear than the front but I'm ok with it for now. The DGR coilovers will give me adjustability I'll need to set the car up on an even keel. πŸ˜‚πŸ‘

I do plan on getting a set of these in a few months specifically for the coilover adjustments and alignment.
These look good quality and for $300 for the set of 4 will help considerably when doing my corner balancing. πŸ˜πŸ‘πŸ€ž

241 - 260 of 283 Posts