Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been monitoring this for some time now and these are the facts..

- Loud music will not always trigger this loud rattling
- Low loud base will always trigger it. It appears that with more pressure against the speaker/armrest area with my knee will make it worse in that one location.
- Passenger side has same condition with/without passenger
- Periodically the back driver side door area will rattle as well

I'm starting to figure this is the actual speaker locations that are rattling with this base. I picked up the 2011 Sonata GLS in September.
I've wanted to bring it in but I don't feel like I want them to take apart the door panel until I get some more information to narrow down their search..

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
My GLS does the same thing. I don't find it a big deal, but they certainly could've put som more thought into that. We should be able to turn up our music without hearing rattling plastic parts.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree.

What I'd like is their quality team to look at this and make some suggestions for us.

Or a plan for the service department to fix key areas where this is occurring.

There's nothing like a 3 hour snow drive to get more annoying by rattling in your ears

·
Registered
533 Posts
In my Limited with Infinity, I noticed the rattle on the passenger door only and it can happen on talk radio or boom boom music played at normal levels. I was at the dealer for an oil and filter change and had the pull them door panel off and check things out. Nothing was found to be loose. When the door panel was replaced and I was on my way home, the rattle was gone. It could have just needed tightening or something was sitting on the speaker who knows but it sounds crystal clear now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts