Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2008 i10 (80k miles) is rattling a bit from the suspension (front and back). It sounds to me like worn bushes. Is this a known problem ? I took it to my garage but they said there wasn't a problem. It may not be serious, but there's certainly something going on. Is this what has been posted already as "anti roll bar bushes and drop links" ?
Thanks

·
Registered
655 Posts
You could take it to another garage but cars do get more rattly as they wear. If you trust your garage I wouldn't worry. If there is a major problem it will be picked up on the MOT.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Longshot - naturally I don't want to pay out for unnecessary work. We have another can of the same vintage (Citroen, 2008) - no rattly sounds at all.

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
My 2008 i10 (80k miles) is rattling a bit from the suspension (front and back). It sounds to me like worn bushes. Is this a known problem ? I took it to my garage but they said there wasn't a problem. It may not be serious, but there's certainly something going on. Is this what has been posted already as "anti roll bar bushes and drop links" ?
Thanks
Worn bushes? You must have the outback edition...>:D
Pretty vague description of the 'rattle'. Could be anything. Is it a new rattle? How long you owned it?

Best practices for requesting help:

* If you haven't done so fill in your vehicle info and profile page. Shows up to the left
* Be sure you are in the correct forum for your vehicle.
* Do a search for your problem. A lot of stuff has been asked and answered.
* Do not double post for the same problem.
* Give the model year....Engine size...transmission type (auto or standard)
* VIN number can be very helpful.
* Did you buy the vehicle new, if not, how many miles were on it when purchased? How many miles on it now?
* Describe the problem the best you can.
* Tell us what has been tried, if anything.
* If the vehicle has been to a repair facility it would be nice if you can scan or take picture of the bill and attach it to the post.
* If your vehicle is under warranty you should have the dealer check it out. If it's an issue they see many times they will generate a safety recall or do a TSB. This is how they know.

This information can save a lot of time and get you the answers you need much faster.

Thanks,
Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've owned the car from new.

With the benefit of nearly 50 years of driving and owning cars, no - it could not be just "anything".

It's a rattle in sync as you go over bumps.

My question really is - does the i10 have any known problems such as this as it gets older - at 10 years, it is really at the end of its design life.

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
I've owned the car from new.

With the benefit of nearly 50 years of driving and owning cars, no - it could not be just "anything".

It's a rattle in sync as you go over bumps.

My question really is - does the i10 have any known problems such as this as it gets older - at 10 years, it is really at the end of its design life.
Based on the information you have given I suggest you learn to live with it or replace all bushes. Of coarse you may be able to find that one bush that is causing all the rattles and remove it from the chassis. >:D
Just laugh at it. Helps me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks to those who replied.
I just had the MOT done and the rattles were from the front suspension drop links - which have been replaced now.
No more annoying rattles !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts