Hyundai Forums banner

Rattling noise in back of car?

12K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  IDPhoto 
#1 ·
I have a month and a half old 2018 SFS Sport with Tech Package and in the last few weeks the rattling coming from the back of the car somewhere is getting more and more. I cannot figure out where it is coming from, if it is the back door, under the vehicle or what? has anyone else experienced this at all? I would like to narrow down the options, before I take it in to have it looked at, as it is getting louder and more often as each day passes. I do have the Pano sunroof, but the noise seems to becoming more from the lower half of the car, rather than up top where the motor for the roof is located at.

#2 ·
Just some general thought starters.....

Check the spare tire to make sure that the hoist is not allowing it to bang around under the vehicle. While you'r back there just look and see if you can see anything obvious loose or out of place..

Check the rear storage areas to make sure that the jack and related parts and anything stored there are not loose and bouncing around. I know this all sounds basic, but you would be surprised at how often the source sof noises are the simple things.

Beyond that about the only thing you could do is to have someone ride back there and see if he or she can pinpoint anything.

#5 ·
I also have some annoying sound rear right passenger side. Its an annoying squeak and i cant pin point it.. I thought it was something with the suspension i literally jump on the side door and shake the car to death and nothing. it only happens when im driving and when there is uneven road or speed bumps.. im stomped.. 16SFSU

#6 ·
Well i may be speaking too early but I decided to check my spare tire since the sound started after I had a flat and had to lower the spare tire. I went under the car and moved the tire while the wife slowly tightened the cable. I have not heard it for two days. Again this is probably not it but I'll keep you posted so far so good..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.