Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, i recently got my car serviced with balance shaft belt, 2 idlers, crank sensor, timing belt, spark plugs, ignition wires, and ignition coils. And now when i drive my car and accelerate it to about 3400 to 3500 rpm i get this rattling noise from my engine then when the rpm surpass that range i dont get any noise anymore. I really dont want to take it back to the shop and have to be charge for a diagnose but im thinking it could be serpentine belt or loose of the down pipe. Any suggestions?? It be really nice if you guys can help me.
Thanks.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (sbr711 @ May 15 2010, 07:57 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=323091
You state "the shop", was it the dealer ?

Follow the link, copy it, and give it to the shop and tell them to set the oil pump-balance shaft cog as called out in the directions..

----> http://www.hyundaiforum.com/forum/showthre...t=balance+shaft
Well I got the small stuff like spak plugs, ignition coil replaced at the dealership but then i had to replace the balance shaft, timing belt, idlers here at my local town shop in Davis,Ca called G & R automotive.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Print the info from the link, and have G&R re-inspect their work.. or bring it up on their own computer and let them read it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
dealer did my timing belt on the 05 santa fa .long story short cam sensor had one bolt insted of 2 the bolt came out went through
belt..then after that thinking where do we take it we take it to a shop around home so they do the work and shaft is out 180 .i even told them that
and i even made the take it back in .they said it works fine so im going to print this off and take it to them.if your gonna do the jod please do it wright .they made shure they told the dealer what they did about the sensor.even the dealer tech said it waz out 180 so cross your finger s....thanks guys later dave from canada eh lol

·
Registered
10 Posts
Excellent information, my 2001 SF makes the same noise. On the one hand it must have frightened the previous owner and I got 2k off his asking price.

I'm thinking of having a go at timing the balancer myself, the belts where changed 15k kms ago but I'd be happy without that noise at 3000rpm.

My only concern is I don't have air-tools and I'm worried I might not be able to get the balancer off the crank, is there anywhere to lock the flywheel so I can use a spanner or normal socket.

cheers

Andy

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just as an update I did the work and put the balancer shaft right, it was a **** of a day, made me sweat. All ended well enough though, no more rattle at 3000rpm.

Balancer pulley nut was removed using the starter motor trick.
Andy

Excellent information, my 2001 SF makes the same noise. On the one hand it must have frightened the previous owner and I got 2k off his asking price.

I'm thinking of having a go at timing the balancer myself, the belts where changed 15k kms ago but I'd be happy without that noise at 3000rpm.

My only concern is I don't have air-tools and I'm worried I might not be able to get the balancer off the crank, is there anywhere to lock the flywheel so I can use a spanner or normal socket.

cheers

Andy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts