Hyundai Forums banner

41 - 60 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yup, that's how mine sounds as well. Moving the seat stops it for a couple of days, then it returns again. I'm hoping for a long-term fix...
It is annoying. We both had the same idea of moving the seats but you're right, it returns. Have you brought yours in for service? I was planning until my first service appointment but I don't think I am going to wait since I would like to enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
256 Posts
joining this thread because I too have lately heard "noise" from the back when driving. I deem it noise because to my ears, it sounds more like flapping instead of the rattling you guys mention..

I almost think it's like a paper bag flapping in the wind and sometimes I think it's just the groceries in the back or the cargo net or something being hit by the wind

DISCLAIMER: I only hear this noise lately with the windows down and air obviously coming in :) which is why I think it's either the seatbelt flapping or the cargo net or groceries bag sometimes if I have any (I haven't cared to check/test it out) since I only hear it with the windows down and most of the time I don't drive with the windows down anyways

but yeah.. for me, I definitely hear some noise when driving with the windows down.. but dead quiet with it up, so imo, for my case, it's the wind flapping something back there (most probably the seatbelt like someone mentioned earlier in this thread)

·
Registered
42 Posts
It is annoying. We both had the same idea of moving the seats but you're right, it returns. Have you brought yours in for service? I was planning until my first service appointment but I don't think I am going to wait since I would like to enjoy the ride.
Not yet. I just had an oil change but it wasn't rattling then... About two days later the rattle returned.

·
Registered
14 Posts
rattling near passenger side

I also have a 2016 hyundai tucson , just purchased it , has a little over 13 hundred kilometers , the rattle is in the back passenger side its very annoying , and knowing this is my only new cuv i have ever bought i was looking forward to driving this
i have read the messages on here knowing others are having the same problems it helps out. i hope we can all figure out what the culprit is i also have put the passenger back seat folded all the way down and the noise has gone , but it still doesnt help knowing there is no solution to the problem , i hope hyundai comes up with a cure to this so i can take this to my dealer and he can fix the problem , I dont want to drive the car for its entire life with the back seat folded down , thanks for letting me vent .

·
Registered
54 Posts
My noise actually got worse with the seats folded. It goes away temporarily by moving the seat back full upright, but comes right back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
If you drive over bumps and there is some kind of knock sound from the back, you need to tighten the tailgate. It is never tightened perfect from the factory. It is done by turning the rubber knobs counter clockwise. Even if you dont have any noise problems, you should have a look at it so it is not too tight. Mine was obviously too loose when I got it from the factory.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi nor_tucson, the noise many of us are experiencing is definitely coming from the rear seat. I'm at the dealership now and asked them to take another look. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I drove my car while a technician attempted to locate the noise. He heard it but had a difficult time locating the source of the noise. They want to keep my car longer to locate it. :(

·
Registered
14 Posts
if yous get any good and encouraging answers let me know my passenger back seat has been down now for two days and no noise so it is definatly something to do with the seat , maybe not torqued properly or something inside the head rest area ?? not sure please advise when some one gets the answer thank you definatley very aggrivating ,

·
Registered
256 Posts
joining this thread because I too have lately heard "noise" from the back when driving. I deem it noise because to my ears, it sounds more like flapping instead of the rattling you guys mention..

I almost think it's like a paper bag flapping in the wind and sometimes I think it's just the groceries in the back or the cargo net or something being hit by the wind

DISCLAIMER: I only hear this noise lately with the windows down and air obviously coming in :) which is why I think it's either the seatbelt flapping or the cargo net or groceries bag sometimes if I have any (I haven't cared to check/test it out) since I only hear it with the windows down and most of the time I don't drive with the windows down anyways

but yeah.. for me, I definitely hear some noise when driving with the windows down.. but dead quiet with it up, so imo, for my case, it's the wind flapping something back there (most probably the seatbelt like someone mentioned earlier in this thread)
quoting myself because, I dunno, but my "rattling" or flapping sounds more like it to my ears is gone.. I drive windows down all the time now and no more flapping/sound from back there

didn't really do anything tbh.. maybe it just needed to sort itself out?

oh well, no sounds from me now.. but to all those going mad about seats/configurations/etc.. i hope you looked at the simplest thing (seatbelt flapping back there, cargo net if you have it maybe?)

anyhows, just an update from me.. no noise anymore and not sure what it was or how/why it went away.. :frown:

·
Registered
13 Posts
I brought mine in for its first oil change today and mentioned about the noise. They were unable to verify the complaint but they did inspect the vehicle. They adjusted rear right seatbelt that was possibly making noise due to being loose. So far so good but can't say this will be the same fix for all but worth looking into. Will report if the same noise comes back.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have a 2016 Santa Fe Sport and in our forum a few people complained about the rattling noise in the rear as well. The dealership still haven't been able to find the source of the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
well bringing it back in to the dealership this thursday , still havent found problem of the rattle tried recording it but too distored to make out , it might have something to do with the back turn signal inside the back fender near the tail gate if you close the back hatch you can hear a rattle noise when you put your ear next to it and close the hatch at the same time , the mechanic and i went to another tucson and never heard anything when closeing the hatch it does sound like the same rattle but the rattle is inconsistant it doesnt do it all the time its almost a hit an run kinda thing , i hear it usually the most in the morning when heading to work but then goes away and then comes back so very confussing and annoying hopefully someone can come up with an answer im even thinking of getting them to take a look at the rear turn signal , anything to fix this . arrrggggggg .

·
Registered
103 Posts
I'm telling ya, my rear (in the headliner) seat belt mechanism was just dangling from the ceiling for the longest time after I purchased my Tucson, and I was constantly hearing a rattling/cracking sound when I would back up, or hit a bump. But, I secured the seat belt into its holder in the car's ceiling and poof - no more noise. Worth a try.

·
Registered
14 Posts
i have tried that many times also tried putting some foam in between the seat belt and the roof plastic , still rattles like crazy , ive tried putting rubber in between anything that looks like it would rattle , tried with back seat down and up rear head rest in out took it completely out still there , took the back wheel cover put pads on that just in case that rattled brought it to the dealership twice they even took the whole back bumper off nothing still rattles like crazy , back hatch was adjusted a few times no luck tighten all bolts that could possible see , its almost like its comming inside the headliner of the back of the car , almost where the seat belt buckles are , its almost like a tap tap on a window or something i have tried to take a recording of it but to no avail , dont know what else to try .

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
i have tried that many times also tried putting some foam in between the seat belt and the roof plastic , still rattles like crazy , ive tried putting rubber in between anything that looks like it would rattle , tried with back seat down and up rear head rest in out took it completely out still there , took the back wheel cover put pads on that just in case that rattled brought it to the dealership twice they even took the whole back bumper off nothing still rattles like crazy , back hatch was adjusted a few times no luck tighten all bolts that could possible see , its almost like its comming inside the headliner of the back of the car , almost where the seat belt buckles are , its almost like a tap tap on a window or something i have tried to take a recording of it but to no avail , dont know what else to try .
Have you tried getting into the back seat and have some else drive? Maybe you can get a better idea about location of the noise.....

·
Registered
1 Posts
seems like mine is somehow related to the back seat. It started out rattling yesterday morning, but when I had my wife come out and sit in it for the ride, it stopped and we couldn't hear anything anymore.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had a similar noise driving slow or fast.
I found that my rear seat bottom was not snapped into its lock down in the front side of the rear seat bottom.
There is one on each side toward the front of the seat bottom.
Took out for a test drive over bumps to try to trigger the sound again as this has happened often that the sound was intermittent and would then return.
So far the sound is gone and I am hoping it will not return.
I could stop the rattle by putting the rear right setback down but when returned to the upright position the rattle would come back.
In one way this makes sense because the weight of the seat back would stop the bottom bench from vibrating.
Any way , hope I'm right and my rattle is gone and if this is your problem, check it out and good luck.

41 - 60 of 99 Posts