Hyundai Forums banner

21 - 40 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have tried everything. It sounds like there is a loose cable or something inside the seat. Now that more people are having the same problem and reporting it, hopefully it will get logged with Hyundia.

·
Registered
35 Posts
This is a common complaint in Korea also. I believe there is a fault with rear seat assembly. I am not sure if it can be fixed - but I heard adjustments around the lever and rear seats can help. There has been some saying that new replacement products will be coming out to remedy this.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi jfrsurvey,
Thanks for the advise. My rattling noise is definitely coming from the rear-passenger side seat.

Hi insanekiwi,
Where's your source that a replacement part is on the way?
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have been studying Korean Tucson forum and lots of complaints about the rear seat bench rattle. They all were studying doors, boot etc. It's a relatively new development and seems official Hyundai branches (I think they are called Blue Hands in Korea) are getting new parts in for customers complaint of the rattle. I will let you know if this becomes more official with part numbers etc. I don't own a Tucson yet!! Will be my wife's car once it does eventuate.

·
Registered
36 Posts
insanekiwi, thanks for sharing!
We all hope a permanent solution is found quickly. Fingers crossed!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Will do Blksnake, just an update from the forum in Korea - that the new revised rear seat benches are also producing rattles; so they are being postponed until further notice. One thing I hate the most from cars is rattles; and unless these things are well controlled - I will not be buying Tucson. It seems like a really nice car otherwise so fingers crossed!

·
Registered
314 Posts
Ours started to rattle, but upon inspection it was just the middle seatbelt buckle in the roof. I guess we're lucky

Hey Kiwi in Toronto - where you moving to? We lived in Napier 1995-2000. Awesome place!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Do they say exactly where the rattle is coming from. I might just take the rear seat out and try to find the problem.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Ours started to rattle, but upon inspection it was just the middle seatbelt buckle in the roof. I guess we're lucky

Hey Kiwi in Toronto - where you moving to? We lived in Napier 1995-2000. Awesome place!
Fantastic! Napier is beautiful. I lived in Auckland for more than 20 years - and been in Toronto for almost a year. Will be heading to Wellington for next few years! Looking forward to going back - mainly because I will get to buy a couple of new cars! :)

·
Registered
314 Posts
We have really good friends that live in Wellington. Great city! Best of luck with the move. Man, do I miss a good pie and a bottle of L&P!

·
Registered
35 Posts
We have really good friends that live in Wellington. Great city! Best of luck with the move. Man, do I miss a good pie and a bottle of L&P!

Thanks dude! You sure know what you are talking about! ;)
I will be trying Wisey's pies in Toronto before I leave. Not sure if you can get pies in BC?

·
Registered
314 Posts
From Tuscons to pies. Oh well! This place is supposed to be awesome. We have friends in Victoria (they lived in Fielding for a few years), so maybe it's time for a Tucson road trip to see if I can hear any rattling! (There, I linked the two so it's not off topic at all).

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had the same rattle noise and tried all the suggestions with no luck. I happened to be replacing the mats with All Weather mats and when I bent to cut them, I noticed bolts that hold the liner above the tire that were loose. I tighten them all the vehicle and have not heard the rattle since. Hope this helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
603 Posts
Hope this solves everyone's rattle issue. This is one aspect of my Tucson that I love - it's relatively quiet - certainly no rattles at all.

·
Registered
25 Posts
My car went back to the dealers today to try and solve the rattle from the back of my car. They put a new lift up the floor in the hatch and adjusted the rubber stops. Adjusted passenger-side back door. They said the next step would be to take the backseat completely out and have a look under there for anything loose. They looked on there database for Tucsons with similar problems but found none. So I will leave it for now until Hyundia source the problem.

21 - 40 of 99 Posts