Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Have any of you guys experienced a rattling sound coming from the driver side?
If you have the tech pkg you might check the drivers side pull up window screen. pull up and latch screen...if rattle sound goes away you found the problem. I know it in the back but my intermittent rattle sounded like front door
area. fixed by placing a small felt tab on the inside of screen

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is the 2014 Azera Limited without sunroof. This rattling sounds like it's coming from the driver side but I know car noises can be difficult to locate. It seems to happen mostly at lower speeds and is not consistent. Sounds like tac tac tac...

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
This is the 2014 Azera Limited without sunroof. This rattling sounds like it's coming from the driver side but I know car noises can be difficult to locate. It seems to happen mostly at lower speeds and is not consistent. Sounds like tac tac tac...
That about the same type rattle I heard, I assume your car doesn't have the rear side pull up sun screens so have fun trying to locate the noise.
You might try having the dealer find the problem...this should be covered under warranty

·
Registered
100 Posts
On a rough aggregate road I get a "muffled tap tap" which sounds like its coming from the front left corner of the dash. Haven't found it, but doesn't do it all of the time. So not real concerned yet. (15,000 miles).

·
Registered
550 Posts
I had a rattle on the passenger side for about three weeks. Took it to the dealer they heard it as well. Made a appointment to get it fixed three months. One day before I took it back it went away. Haven't heard it since.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys, it does sound like what you're describing, Kavisic. Stopped by the dealer to have a scratch removed from the carbon fiber accent on the dash and while there went for a drive with the tech but of course, we didn't hear the noise.

·
22,793 Posts
Stopped by the dealer to have a scratch removed from the carbon fiber accent on the dash...
Did you happen to get a chance to see how the tech removed the scratch? Or maybe he told you? I'm just curious. No biggie.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I didn't see him do it but it was a very light scratch. I did ask about how he removed it and he said a microfiber cloth and rubbing compound for interior.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Isn't it always the way when you have a rattle or something wrong and go to the dealer whatever was wrong all of the sudden it is ok. If you hear a rattle again take it back. Try to figure out where it is coming from. Mine was in the seat belt harness that fixes to the side of the car. Something inside the plastic housing was loose. Ok now!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts