Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

My Mother inlaw's car has a bit of a rattle when driving, doing the good son inlaw bit I have traced it to the back shock on the left hand side. Some thing appears to be loose either in the housing or the bolts that attach the shock.

I was trying to see if there was a explored view or manual that would show how best to get at the shock. I only had a quick look and my guess is that the in side back panel will need to come out but if any one has any pointers or a manual or drawing that might show how to get in to this area it would be great help.

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
QUOTE (JamesTrix @ Jul 7 2010, 07:02 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=339658
Hello All,

My Mother inlaw's car has a bit of a rattle when driving, doing the good son inlaw bit I have traced it to the back shock on the left hand side. Some thing appears to be loose either in the housing or the bolts that attach the shock.

I was trying to see if there was a explored view or manual that would show how best to get at the shock. I only had a quick look and my guess is that the in side back panel will need to come out but if any one has any pointers or a manual or drawing that might show how to get in to this area it would be great help.
I never did one, but I don't think there's anything fancy about it. It's just a standard old timey shock arrangement. Just take the back wheel off should be enough. Mother Inlaw's car huh... what a nice guy.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you jsinton, for the image :) so i dont need to go in from the top my old car you had to go in from inside to access the shocks.

PS can I ask where the screen shot came from ?

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
Yeah, I think it's all done underneath.

Screen shot comes from hmaservice.com. It's the official HMC site, it's got lot's of great info, and some not so good. It's free, you should join.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
If driving straight, take and rock the steering wheel quick and hard to efect a nice body rock.... does it knock/clunck ??

The old style sway bar bushings not hold up to the load, so they changed them in 2002 I think it was.. Lok at the brackets for the sway bar bushing -- 2 of them -- if the bracket is flat stamping, that is the old style... the new style has a double ribbed bracket with bushing to match (added material)..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the hints on the baring.

I signed up for hmaservice.com but can not find any links for her car 2001 Sante Fe, In the list of cars it does not come up. I switched to IE and still do not see it any thing I am doing wrong ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.