Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Things seem to be cascading a bit on my 2007 Santa Fe diesel 2.2 auto. Few weeks ago noticed the exhaust was a bit sooty when starting off, and also acceleration was becoming a bit ‘laggy’. Drove to London and back yesterday (130m round trip) and I was not relaxed! Acceleration under any load such as starting off or having to accelerate on hills was greeted with a cloud of soot from the exhaust. Acceleration when pulling away from stop or 1st gear; if you approach the throttle with anything heavier than a feather it revs loudly and does nothing until it suddenly kicks in and your off like a stabbed rat. And with a cloud of smoke. Pulling off from a roundabout I had to essentially wait for zero traffic as it took so long to get rolling smoothly and without being a chimney. Also it decided to start making a bizarre squealing noise for about 20 miles but only when speed got above 50. (Wasn’t breaks I don’t think) Only disappeared when I stopped, turned off and rested it for 5 mins. After that quiet. Oh, and I think I could smell burning plastic or rubber for that period as well.
Thoughts of what they hells going on? Best I could think of was egr valve or manifold gasket?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Handy to know! Thanks. I don’t really have to know how to do much myself but will be off to the garage tomorrow. I do like to have as much info as possible about potential causes though. Best to go armed to the teeth.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts