Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning, just a quick question about the "range" mode on the center display.
Sometimes when I fill the fuel tank it gives me a reading of around the 640kms left, other times I fill the tank and it says around 450kms left. Now I fill the tank until the pump clicks off and then I fill it a little more. Just wanted to know if this is a "normal" thing or maybe an issue.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
226 Posts
I would guess that the estimate at fill-up is based on whatever mpg avg you ended up with at the end of the previous tank. What else could it be based on? Since those final mpg numbers usually vary depending what kind of driving you were doing during the course of the tank, the estimated range for the new tank will vary. Once you start driving on it, the estimate will change again to reflect the mpgs you are getting.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I have noticed this as well and I found that when it gives you a lower range number it will drop slower as you drive more and it recalculates. It gets pretty accurate around the 150kms mark.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would guess that the estimate at fill-up is based on whatever mpg avg you ended up with at the end of the previous tank. What else could it be based on? Since those final mpg numbers usually vary depending what kind of driving you were doing during the course of the tank, the estimated range for the new tank will vary. Once you start driving on it, the estimate will change again to reflect the mpgs you are getting.
ok I was thinking something along those lines, thanks for the response!

cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts