Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
My wife's '10 Tuck shows 261-289, after fill-up; it varies.
As bnelsonr mentioned above, I think it's just a default number. Our X5 shows ~400 and our Vette shows ~450,
upon driving away after fill-up, but I've done 500 miles + on one tank, in both of those cars, many times.

I find the Tuck's mpg/range/trip odo data panel to be just slightly interesting as opposed to flexible, helpful
or, hard info. And, the inability to independently re-set range or mpg, or trip odo without affecting each
other is simply stupid and not effective, imo.
But, theCEO likes it, so we all like it. :grin:
GL, mD

QUOTE (duetpebble @ Aug 25 2010, 09:39 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=351987
Brand new 2010 Tucson GLS and every time I fill the tank with gas it 289 miles on the Range indicator. Whether I ad just enough to stop the pump or I top off the tank it still says 289. Anybody else have this problem or know what it could be?

·
Registered
316 Posts
'Digital', maybe...but the reading is a projected and estimated 'range'. As I posted above, our Vette and X5 show a much higher/more realistic 'range' upon fill up. Though both of those cars also go a lot further on a tank than the Tuck does.

On a few trips, I have exceeded that initial 'range' on the Tucson, but in mixed driving, with its less than spectacular 21-23 mpg, I find that initial range to be ok or, even slightly optimistic. It is just a 'default number', upon fill up, imo. Not worth getting excited about, imo.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.