Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brand new 2010 Tucson GLS and every time I fill the tank with gas it 289 miles on the Range indicator. Whether I ad just enough to stop the pump or I top off the tank it still says 289. Anybody else have this problem or know what it could be?

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Hi and :00000732: to the forums

I'm moving this to the Tucson forum where you may get better responses to your query :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
2021 Santa Fe Limited 2.5T
335 Posts
That could be a default number. My Santa Fe shows about the same on fill up but after I drive on the highway, getting better mileage it shows more miles, over 300. It keeps changing as your mileage changes. Goes up & down depending.

My mother in law has a 2011 Tucson. I will have to check hers next time I drive it, that is if she lets me drive. (Once you get a reputation its hard to change!)
Bruce

·
Registered
316 Posts
My wife's '10 Tuck shows 261-289, after fill-up; it varies.
As bnelsonr mentioned above, I think it's just a default number. Our X5 shows ~400 and our Vette shows ~450,
upon driving away after fill-up, but I've done 500 miles + on one tank, in both of those cars, many times.

I find the Tuck's mpg/range/trip odo data panel to be just slightly interesting as opposed to flexible, helpful
or, hard info. And, the inability to independently re-set range or mpg, or trip odo without affecting each
other is simply stupid and not effective, imo.
But, theCEO likes it, so we all like it. :grin:
GL, mD

QUOTE (duetpebble @ Aug 25 2010, 09:39 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=351987
Brand new 2010 Tucson GLS and every time I fill the tank with gas it 289 miles on the Range indicator. Whether I ad just enough to stop the pump or I top off the tank it still says 289. Anybody else have this problem or know what it could be?

·
Registered
156 Posts
My range indicator always says 346 kms (or is it 364 kms?). Anyway, just wondering if that is affecting the mpg number.

·
Registered
25 Posts
definitely the range indicator is annoying, i hope they reprogram it or something as i do not believe it gives a clear indication of true mileage remaining. even though mine is awd i believe it only runs in 2wd majority of the time and with 6speed tranny i do not understand why we all are getting crappy mpg. something just doesn't seem right, coming from toyota i expect close fuel efficiency

·
Registered
838 Posts
QUOTE (diabolical7 @ Jan 27 2011, 01:30 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=395227
definitely the range indicator is annoying, i hope they reprogram it or something as i do not believe it gives a clear indication of true mileage remaining. even though mine is awd i believe it only runs in 2wd majority of the time and with 6speed tranny i do not understand why we all are getting crappy mpg. something just doesn't seem right, coming from toyota i expect close fuel efficiency
Tell me about it! I'm only getting 20mpg lately, if that! :rant2:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hyundai 2009 Tucson mileage range indicator

I drive a 2009 Tucson with the same problem. About four months ago I took my Tucson Limited in for service, the service rep said that there was a recall on the indicator, it needed some type of update. When I filled it up the next time the indicator read 7 miles less than it had read before I took it in. Last week when I filled it up it read 11 YES, 11 miles more. Therefore, my belief is that there is definitely something wrong with the indicator. I have a service appointment coming up and I will very seriously bring this up with the service manager. These are digital instruments and should be exact. :mad:

·
Registered
316 Posts
'Digital', maybe...but the reading is a projected and estimated 'range'. As I posted above, our Vette and X5 show a much higher/more realistic 'range' upon fill up. Though both of those cars also go a lot further on a tank than the Tuck does.

On a few trips, I have exceeded that initial 'range' on the Tucson, but in mixed driving, with its less than spectacular 21-23 mpg, I find that initial range to be ok or, even slightly optimistic. It is just a 'default number', upon fill up, imo. Not worth getting excited about, imo.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Yup mine always says about the same too! GRRRR!! My 2004 Elantra GT will read about 360 to sometimes 390 miles at fill up. I don't like how my Tucson calculates.

·
Registered
8 Posts
same problem in TUCSON 2012 evgt 2.0 on first fill it said 530km then 470km then 430km and now 380km every filling but the exact distance is higher than reading depend on how I am driving .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts