1. Clock spring... mine does it as well... Also the warranty is extended on this part to i believe 150K or 15 years..OK, so at the Sonata ages she has gotten a bit quirky.
1) The steering wheel volume and channel buttons operated backwards (up is down and vice versus). This has happened several times
2) Turn signals stopped working (once)
3) Brake lights stuck in the ON position. (once). I ended up wiggling the brake pedal and it went off. Went back later in the day and it was fine.
I am kinda thinking its a grounding issue. The two grounds near the front of the car at the OEM points (where I grounded my HIDs) look good. Where are the others I should look at?
2. not sure, could of been a hiccup, i would scan BCM for any faults. the turn signal switch feeds directly to the BCM
3. check the brake light switch. make sure its not sticking. make sure the rubber pad that it rests against is still there.
Dont think its a grounding issue tbh. If anything issue three and two could possibly be related. I am 99% sure issue one is just a clock spring issue as my car acted funny with the steering wheel controls many times in the past.