Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon everyone,

My early start to the weekend ran into some trouble when I ran over a truck tire on I-95 in Jersey. At first I thought I was fine until the collision sensor malfunction came on for a few mins and then my turn signals stopped working for a bit too. Once I reached my destination, I saw the damage to the lower bumper area and the radar/collision sensor was pushed in as well. So far the car is running fine but sometimes the collision warning beep comes up even though I'm no where near the car in front of me.

I'm wondering if fixing this damage would be expensive (esp the sensor) or would it be under $500? I'm trying to avoid making a claim and have my insurance go up.

Here's the dashcam view:

Registered
From what I read, the sensor is much more than $500

Reactions: HyundaiFTW

Registered
Perhaps it's just now misaligned and can be remounted/recalibrated after sorrounding collision repair?

Registered
That sucks. **** trucks.
I am no body shop expert but I would say the repair would be more than $500. The piece in the front looks cracked so it would have to be replaced and if it's part of a bigger piece? Then the painting and possible recalibration of the sensor.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Registered
The plastic bumper is about $300 painted to match. Get a free estimate at a body shop

Reactions: HyundaiFTW

Registered
that happened to me on my Gen Coupe. In the dark on a dark road. Insurance company said it was an Act of God so I had to use my collision if I wanted it fixed by them. I said it would have been and Act of God If I could have seen it.

Registered
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Went to a body shop and was quoted for $850 to have the bottom part of the bumper (separate piece from the bumper itself) replaced, repaint the scuffed up spot and remount the sensor. The tech said the sensor still looks good so I got lucky with that. Since my deductible was at $500, I'm just gonna go ahead and pay for it instead of making a claim. The only problem is the wait time is about 3 weeks or so. Also tried going to another body shop but they said I'll have to schedule for someone to just look at it next week plus the additional wait time on parts and repairs.

Off topic, but was is that grille emblem?
I got these emblems from Ebay. They're made by Brenthon, a Korean company that makes emblems for Hyundai and Kia.

I posted a thread with pictures here earlier: Appearance mods on '19 Tucson Night Edition

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
that happened to me on my Gen Coupe. In the dark on a dark road. Insurance company said it was an Act of God so I had to use my collision if I wanted it fixed by them. I said it would have been and Act of God If I could have seen it.
That sucks, especially if you had it lowered. These insurance companies are such a pain to deal with at times. I read somewhere that if the debris is airborne right before it hits your vehicle then your comprehensive takes care of it but the moment it touches the ground it's collision. :unsure:

Registered
I would file a claim with the Turnpike Authority, I know they payout for pothole damage

1 - 11 of 11 Posts