Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
I know this is going to come out wrong,,,,the Rally Armor mud flaps look like the old one-size-fits-all, cut'em to fit mud flaps found in any auto parts store. Because of the way they are mounted on the car in your photos, they will offer more paint protection than the OEM mud flaps. But to my eyes the OEMs look better and are about a third the price of the Rally Armors.

·
22,793 Posts
^ +1 I'm in agreement. But different strokes for different folks. Whatever turns you on is fine. One man's pickle is another man's cucumber. Somehow, that didn't make a bit of sense!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm just a fan of the rally-look, think it would turn out pretty well with the large, somewhat flared, wheel arches have. Plus the extra protection for our long, snowy, salt-laden winters would be a bonus!

·
22,793 Posts
I'm just a fan of the rally-look, think it would turn out pretty well with the large, somewhat flared, wheel arches have. Plus the extra protection for our long, snowy, salt-laden winters would be a bonus!
You make a great case for them...especially the winter hassle. I'd say, "Pull the trigger!"

·
Registered
660 Posts
It's all in the look you are trying to achieve. Hence the name "Rally", if you want a rally car look, they are perfect. I prefer the clean look of the stock ones although they give the car better looks, they don't offer a great deal of protection.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So, back to my original question. Does anyone have any experience with installing Veloster parts, specifically mud-flaps, on an Elantra GT? The bolt holes look somewhat similar on paper but any real world experience would be very valuable before I drop over $100 on something that may or may not work!

·
Premium Member
2,208 Posts
Just wanted to mention, putting larger mud flaps on is going to lead to more ice/snow damming between the tire and car. You might ger a little more paint protection but you're going to be out there kicking and pounding snow out of the wheel wells more often.

And me, personally, I don't like to advertise for products I buy. Can you get them without the company branding?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Ended up buying the Rokblokz original mud flaps. Easy fitment, just traced the outline of the stock splash guards, removed them, lined up the outline and drilled through the holes. Easy! Had to fab a small 3" 90° bracket for the rears.

Sitting at 4.5" high right now, should be perfect when I eventually get around to lowering springs. I like them, I know some of you don't but I don't care! Love the WRC look on hatchbacks. When the wheels are refinished black, it will be complete.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
pemco, You can ask but in the end as you say, "I like them" and that is all that matters! The install did turn out nice. Good job.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I like em on the wrx, etc... I'd also like to see a further away shot. Btw, are those rims stock in Canada? If not, what size and offset?

·
Registered
459 Posts
Just wanted to mention, putting larger mud flaps on is going to lead to more ice/snow damming between the tire and car. You might ger a little more paint protection but you're going to be out there kicking and pounding snow out of the wheel wells more often.
Hate to dig up an old thread, but things couldn't get any worse than it already is with these cars. They seem to trap tons of road snot in the front wheel wells.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Easy solution is to spray WD40 on the mud flaps/wheel wells every once in a while... no snow build up then

·
Registered
459 Posts
Easy solution is to spray WD40 on the mud flaps/wheel wells every once in a while... no snow build up then
Does that actually work?

·
Registered
459 Posts
As long as you apply it when the surface is completely dry. It's not a long term, fit-and-forget solution but it works!
Huh. Whoda thunk it!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts