Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have any suggestions about a new plug and play head unit? Wife has worn out two factory units in the last eight years. She mostly listens to the XM player, but still uses cd's occasionally. Ideally the new one should have bluetooth phone capabilities, so she could get rid of the external one. Navigation is not needed. I'm thinking this would make an excellent Christmas present. I can do internet searches all night long, btu would prefer to hear from some that have actually done it, what they bought, what features it has, and if you had to do it again would you. Thanks.

·
Registered
24 Posts
the one thing i am good at is car audio. No head unit will be a true plug and play. Any after market head unit will work. Alpine is one of the best. You will need:

Head unit
Car plug adapter
Space plate.

You need to color match the wires on the head unit wire harness to the Car wire harness, and crimp or solder them together. This now makes the head unit "plug and play" put the space place into place, plug the head unit in and slide the radio in place.

I WILL WARN YOU ... after market radios are only 15 to 20 watts per channel. Wear the stock radios are more like 45 watts per channel so unless you amp the speakers it wont be as loud. ( although it will be loud enough)

·
Registered
98 Posts
you will also need an antenna adaptor as the factory unit is smaller and the aftermarket you will buy has a full size. i recommend going to a car stereo shop to purchase this as the universal at [email protected]@@T is like an octopus and takes up alot of room behind the stereo. i thought i replied to this post a while back but dunno what happened to it. good luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts