Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

Hopefully someone here can give me some advice on this.

I recently purchased an '08 Tuscon for my wife - unfortunately, the radio was not working when we purchased it, it was apparently the original radio, not after market. The owner assured me it was just a dead radio, and easily replaced (I replaced the radio in my Matrix, so wasn't worried). Gave me a good deal because of the radio issue.

Any way, had it a few weeks now and finally got around to buying a new radio. Opened up the dash to check the wiring connections to see if I needed a wiring harness or if it would go straight into the new radio unit and low and behold, found the radio issue.

Some ass hat seems to have cut off the original plug (that goes into the back of the radio) and crimped the cut wires to wires for a new radio connection - I am guessing that this was done very wrong since the radio doesn't come on. In fact, there are 3 wires not crimped (they look like they are for radio light dimmer and that). I think the Hyundai radio they put it may have been for a different model, thus, the wiring not matching up.

Any way, just hoping for the best advice on resolving this. Should I attempt to determine what wires are what through trial and error and rewire the connections correctly, or, take it a shop specializing in car radios and have them repair it expertly?

I don't mind getting my hands dirty, and am pretty good with wiring (I run network cabling for a living), I just don't want to take on a bigger issue that I have to if it can be avoided cheaply.

Your thoughts, and suggestions, would be appreciated!

·
Premium Member
2,744 Posts
Welcome to the forum
Signed up (its free) hyundaitechinfo.com. You will get all the wiring/tech info for your model

·
Registered
17 Posts
I agree with newtech. hyundaitechinfo.com is a great place to go... Unfortunately when I wired an amp and sub to my 2010 and 2012 ix35, I didn't know where the wires were going and ended up going the trail and error route. Each installment took roughly 3 hours... After digging on the internet I cam across the HMA tech info site and let me tell you, I could have used the audio connector diagrams when hooking up the amp adapter.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts