Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the method of setting the clock in the window that also shows the stations? My manual doesn't show that type of radio .The car is a Sonata

·
Registered
329 Posts
What year is the car?

My Elantra came with a separate manual for the CD/radio and the model shown in the regular owner's manual is actually quite different.

If you have one of those big platic wallet things that came with the car you should hopefully have the manual for the cd player - it may be stashed in with the warranty info.

From pictures I've seen it looks like there there were different players used in some Canadian and US models.

Some of them have the display across the middle like an old style radio, on others its in a squarish screen on the lower right.

ON the off chance you have the same stereo as I do: looks like this

[attachmentid=209]

try this:

If it has a button marked "disp" over on the right-hand side, press that button to toggle between station/cd track display and time display

Once it display's time, press and hold the "disp" button for three seconds. The time display will start flashing

Use the tune buttons to set the time - one button changes the hours and the other one changes the minutes - you may have to cycle the numbers around if you overshoot.

When time is set , press disp again

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by gordo@Nov 18 2004, 09:49 PM
What year is the car?

My Elantra came with a separate manual for the CD/radio and the model shown in the regular owner's manual is actually quite different.

If you have one of those big platic wallet things that came with the car you should hopefully have the manual for the cd player - it may be stashed in with the warranty info.

From pictures I've seen it looks like there there were different players used in some Canadian and US models.

Some of them have the display across the middle like an old style radio, on others its in a squarish screen on the lower right.

ON the off chance you have the same stereo as I do: looks like this

[attachmentid=209]

try this:

If it has a button marked "disp" over on the right-hand side, press that button to toggle between station/cd track display and time display

Once it display's time, press and hold the "disp" button for three seconds. The time display will start flashing

Use the tune buttons to set the time - one button changes the hours and the other one changes the minutes - you may have to cycle the numbers around if you overshoot.

When time is set , press disp again
[snapback]2881[/snapback]​

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi gordo;
The radio does have a display button that toggles between the radio stations and the time.I tried holdind the display button,but nothing happens.
I'll have to consult with the dealer and see what they know.Thanks for the information though.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Originally posted by wamchuck@Nov 20 2004, 06:56 PM
Hi gordo;
            The radio does have a display button that toggles between the radio stations and the time.I tried holdind the display button,but nothing happens.
              I'll have to consult with the dealer and see what they know.Thanks for the information though.
[snapback]2939[/snapback]​

Hi!......checking with the Dealership is always a good idea. This is because in many countries, the audio equipment is not factory fitted at all......it`s either installed at the dockside after landing, or actually at the Dealers.
This is why the handbooks are often vague.....the equipment varies between markets!.

Another idea is to type the head units` maker & model number into Google, sometimes there is an on-line manual available!.

Cheers,
Nick. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts