Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone successfully replaced the head unit in a 2012 Azera? I would really like to replace the factory radio with something that supports CarPlay.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
You don't mention if you have the Base or Limited model. Crutchfield.com, who sells aftermarket radios for almost any car, doesn't have anything that fits either trim level of the 2012 Azera. The 2015-17 Azeras had CarPlay available. I don't know how successfully you could adapt the 2015-17 radio to the 2012 model because there are other components and harnesses involved. There is a company that claims to have an interface that will add CarPlay to the existing 2012-13 Azera radio. I don't have any information on how well it works. See HYUNDAI AZERA 2012 2013 NAVIGATION VIDEO INTERFACE with BUILT-IN HD SMARTPHONE MIRRORING via HDMI.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You don't mention if you have the Base or Limited model. Crutchfield.com, who sells aftermarket radios for almost any car, doesn't have anything that fits either trim level of the 2012 Azera. The 2015-17 Azeras had CarPlay available. I don't know how successfully you could adapt the 2015-17 radio to the 2012 model because there are other components and harnesses involved. There is a company that claims to have an interface that will add CarPlay to the existing 2012-13 Azera radio. I don't have any information on how well it works. See HYUNDAI AZERA 2012 2013 NAVIGATION VIDEO INTERFACE with BUILT-IN HD SMARTPHONE MIRRORING via HDMI.
Sorry... it's a limited. I used to install car stereos for a living, it's been a while though, so i do have a concept how this stuff works. I have found this, but its no longer available, anywhere:

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/11-264-Car-Radio-Fascia-for-HYUNDAI-Azera-HG-2012-Stereo-Dash-Fitting-Kit-Installation-Facia/502336_1326684304.html

I believe i would have to buy a display from a non-navigation model to be able to retain an AC display. It's quickly becoming more pricey than it might be worth though.

I've looked into retrofitting a 15+ center dash for factory carplay. Believe it or not, it looks to be nearly plug and play. Just super pricey.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts