Hyundai Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Hi! I had a similar problem this week-end, more than 4 years after purchasing my Elantra GT 2013 (in Canada, in case it makes any difference). When I started the car, the radio "jammed"; no radio-related button was working, there was just no way to use the radio, and the clock was stuck to the date & time at which I started the car. Most importantly, the clock screen was not turning off when I was removing the key from the ignition, there was no way to shut this down! The next day, my car was still showing the date & time of when the problem started!! I was able to fix the problem by removing the fuse marked at "MULTIMEDIA" (for 30 seconds), and inserting it back on. It solved everything. I wanted to share this experience in case it could help anybody.

Note: I didn't have the right tool to remove the fuse, but long-nose pliers worked perfectly.
the fuse puller is located in the fuse box in the engine compartment....

I have 2013 with a Nav system - bought new in 2012.
In 2016 i had my first issues with the back-up Camera display... put the car in reverse, and the screen was black except for the coloured lines that show up on the display to guide you. Put car in drive, the radio display didn't show up either.... stayed black. Happened twice over a couple weeks. Both times, shutting down the car and restarting cleared the problem. Wasn't the camera itself as far as I could tell. It was functioning well at the rear.
Power switch on the radio did not help. I will remember pulling the fuse if it really becomes stuck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Fuse Reboot

Mark's suggestion...

If your radio needs "rebooting" it's a 15A fuse marked "Multimedia" in the interior fusebox which is accessed behind a plastic panel just above the driver's left knee. Might save you a needless trip to the dealer.

...worked perfectly. I am going to give my dealer an earful tomorrow because just a few months ago this happened and they told me they had done a reboot on the radio-audio and charged me $70 for what I just did in 2 minutes.

I suspect the problem in my car is from people using the USB port as a charger.
I'm going to put USB chargers in the the two 12v outlets and have passengers use those instead.

Dave

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine has been doing something similar - 2 days after I purchased it I started the car and began to drive and the headunit rebooted. Everything was fine afterwards.

2 days ago while driving home from work, I had just started the car and begun to drive and it did it again. Basically what happens is that it just stops, goes black and reboots as if you just started the car.

I'm not sure what's up but if it keeps doing it I'll bring it up with the dealership.
Hi Jamina,
I know this is an old issue for you but my 2018 Tucson Limited just started doing this over the past couple months. Once the dealership finally witnessed the rebooting, they replaced the entire radio. I picked it up on Wednesday and Thursday evening it happened again 5 times in a row on the way home from the store. Initially I thought it was a faulty unit but now I'm thinking it has something to do with the power supply or ground.

Did you ever get this issue resolved, and if so, how?

Thanks,
Kelly

21 - 23 of 23 Posts