Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2011 Hyundai Tucson GL in grey, which I am happy with for the most part. My biggest area of frustration is that no one makes a kit that swaps out the stock radio for an aftermarket part. Every car I've purchased in the past has had an aftermarket kit and allowed me to swap my pioneer navi/dvd/ipod. That is a big part of my job as I am on the road with sales. Am I missing something or is it just not made? I've seen the qualir dvd/navi kit and it seems ok, seamless due to it being made specifically for this car but its also a Chinese grey market dvd/navi. I'm not sure how well it will function with the local roads and the quality of the manufacturing. Thanks everyone for the help in advance and I'm looking forward to being a proactive member of my new forum!

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
:00000732:

I am sure the aftermarket companies like Metra and International will eventually make a dash kit for the 2010 Tucson. This is the first year for this design, I guess they are a little slow with the update. With the 2011 soon hitting the market there must be something in the pipleine for aftermarket accessories. I am still waiting for weathertech to make floor mats for the front?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:liebe011:

I can understand that its a new vehicle and I'm pretty sure that the aftermarket support for the tucson will be relatively light but its putting me in a pretty difficult spot. I know that as soon as I go out and buy a stand alone garmin navi that they are going to make a din kit for this thing and then I'll be seriously tempted to get a new navi unit. I decided to trade in the navi to the dealership along with the car. It made financial sense. I didn't even bother to check to see if they made a kit for it prior to buying a car. Every car I've ever owned, regardless of how new it was to the market had a head unit kit, with the exception of this one. I'll try my best to be patient. Thanks for the quick and informed response!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts