Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2008 Vera Cruz and love everything about it except the speakers. Even when the radio is not on, there is crackling (static) coming from the speakers. It is typically the speakers up front, driver and passenger side. It is not constant, but rather episodic. My teenage children and husband have also heard it. It lasts for a few seconds and then stops. I thought it was the blue tooth, so I tried driving without my cell phone in the car, but the speakers still crackled. I have brought it in to the dealership twice for this, and one time one of the mechanics even rode around with me, listening, but the speakers just crackled for a short time and he did not really hear it. Has anyone else experienced this problem? I am starting to think I have a ghost in my speakers. Thank you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have this same exact problem on a 2010 Limited. It's been happening for a while, and we've just put up with it, but now it seems to be a bit more frequent. Anyone else experience this, or have any solutions? I will probably take it into the dealer soon.

QUOTE (eliz @ Jun 27 2010, 06:49 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=336634
I own a 2008 Vera Cruz and love everything about it except the speakers. Even when the radio is not on, there is crackling (static) coming from the speakers. It is typically the speakers up front, driver and passenger side. It is not constant, but rather episodic. My teenage children and husband have also heard it. It lasts for a few seconds and then stops. I thought it was the blue tooth, so I tried driving without my cell phone in the car, but the speakers still crackled. I have brought it in to the dealership twice for this, and one time one of the mechanics even rode around with me, listening, but the speakers just crackled for a short time and he did not really hear it. Has anyone else experienced this problem? I am starting to think I have a ghost in my speakers. Thank you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
2008 Veracruz Radio Crackling

Did either of you ever figure out what was going on with your radios? I have had the same problem for about a year. The radio XM Limited Model goes in and out and even when the radio is off it crackles. I have been reviewing all the forums and the Elantra forums mention water getting into the stock amp from a drainage tube by the sunroof. Could this apply to the Veracruz as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts