Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I first purchased my 08 Santa Fe the radio and CD player sounded very good. Then I had the TPM sensors activated at Hyundai and from then on the radio sounded worse, while the CD still sounds good. The FM just doesnt have the sound quality it had before the TPM adjustment. I took it back to Hyundai and was told it sounds ok to them, but I could complain to the manager if I wanted. I think that the TPM work caused a problem with the radio, possibly the sensors are interfering with the signal to the antenna.

Anyone else have this problem or know how to deal with it?

Thanks,

Mike Shook

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
It all depends upon what you think you hear... noise (possible TPMS), lesser signal level causing fade (not unless somebody was behind your dash), or just a reduction in what you perceive as the sound quality.

If it's noise, the first place a dealer would look would be the quality of the grounds from each of the LFIs, and the ground on the TPMS receiver which, as it happens, is parked not all that far from your radio. These grounds may well be working well enough for the low speed signals of a TPMS sensor, but not preventing RF noise. What you don't describe is how your radio sounds. If you're hearing whistles and other similar noises when your FM is quiet between songs, etc., then you might have an issue.

If it's not noise related, I can't imagine how the TPMS could be involved.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts