Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings All,

Just got a new 2011 Sonata SE. Is it possible to have my base radio, PY710YF, replaced with a PA760YF? I seem to have run into a brick wall on this matter. Any help would be greatly appreciated. My email address is [email protected]

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
2,291 Posts
QUOTE (jcradio @ Aug 18 2010, 02:41 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=350201
Greetings All,

Just got a new 2011 Sonata SE. Is it possible to have my base radio, PY710YF, replaced with a PA760YF? I seem to have run into a brick wall on this matter. Any help would be greatly appreciated. My email address is [email protected]

While I am sure its possible, there are a lot of differences between the two radios

The actual bezel is different between the two
Speaker count (6 vs 8+)
The up-trim radios usually have external amps that you would need to install along with the radio
May require a trip to dealer to have the BCM option turned on for that radio.

I would probably just do an aftermarket upgrade. You will lose bluetooth, but the bluetooth system sucks anyway. Not a huge loss.

·
Registered
255 Posts
QUOTE (Adogg9626 @ Aug 18 2010, 09:32 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=350323
While I am sure its possible, there are a lot of differences between the two radios

The actual bezel is different between the two
Speaker count (6 vs 8+)
The up-trim radios usually have external amps that you would need to install along with the radio
May require a trip to dealer to have the BCM option turned on for that radio.

I would probably just do an aftermarket upgrade. You will lose bluetooth, but the bluetooth system sucks anyway. Not a huge loss.
Also the ability to change tracks and stations. And I personally think the bluetooth is good.

·
Registered
817 Posts
I haven't tried the bluetooth audio option yet,

but from what I gather from those that have

it sounds like the quality of the source music quality and the source device

has a major effect on whether one thinks it is acceptable or not.

The fact that some report that the bluetooth audio is good

makes me believe the Sonata system does an respectable job.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies people. The radio sound pretty good. I am just having a bluetooth problem with my Droid X. The phone works great but I cannot get it to ring on the car bluetooth system. Just hoping the can do some kind of EPROM update when I bring it in Tuesday to be checked out.

I will let everyone know how I make out.

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
2,291 Posts
QUOTE (jcradio @ Aug 19 2010, 06:53 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=350580
Thanks for the replies people. The radio sound pretty good. I am just having a bluetooth problem with my Droid X. The phone works great but I cannot get it to ring on the car bluetooth system. Just hoping the can do some kind of EPROM update when I bring it in Tuesday to be checked out.

I will let everyone know how I make out.
You wont be able to hear the phone ringer through the bluetooth system. There is a generic ringer (like an office telephone) that lets you know a call is incoming. I dont think Hyundai's bluetooth system has the right profiles to transfer the ringtones. I had SYNC in my Fusion so I am really spoiled when it comes to handsfree systems. Overall, the Hyundai one is adequate for basic phone use but it is pretty pathetic for other stuff (contact transfer and storage, text message reading, phone status indicators, etc)

What else can we expect when its included in the purchase price...

Oh and JC--if you find that your iPod has little to no bass, turn on the bass boost option in the EQ settings. It makes a big difference with the standard audio system!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE (Adogg9626 @ Aug 19 2010, 08:14 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=350582
You wont be able to hear the phone ringer through the bluetooth system. There is a generic ringer (like an office telephone) that lets you know a call is incoming. I dont think Hyundai's bluetooth system has the right profiles to transfer the ringtones. I had SYNC in my Fusion so I am really spoiled when it comes to handsfree systems. Overall, the Hyundai one is adequate for basic phone use but it is pretty pathetic for other stuff (contact transfer and storage, text message reading, phone status indicators, etc)

What else can we expect when its included in the purchase price...

Oh and JC--if you find that your iPod has little to no bass, turn on the bass boost option in the EQ settings. It makes a big difference with the standard audio system!!
I understand the limits of the factory radio. Actually I pretty satisfied with it. It is the generic ringer that I am referring to. I am not looking to transfer ringtones but rather get the generic ringer to work. It must be a droidX compatibility issue. Hopefully when they do a update flash it will remedy the problem. The music streams great from the phone and sounds awesome. Thanks for the input.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts