Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2011 hyundai elantra gls, it has 80k miles, around 40k my brother borrowed the car, and he said he had the radio all the way up, and he heard a loud pop and now no sound is coming out of any of the speakers, I checked every fuse I could find, called the dealership, looked online and found that it's a commen problem in the limited and to reset the radio with a paper clip but my car doesn't have the little hole to put the paper clip in, has anyone found a solution to this problem?

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
If he heard a loud pop it's entirely possible he blew something internally on the radio and a reset may not help you. However try disconnecting the battery for 15-20 minutes but if that doesn't work, he should owe you a new one, especially since he had it blasting when the failure occurred.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Some brother you got there. Turning the radio "all the way up" and it's not his car. I hope if it comes out too dishing out some cash he'll step up and do what's right.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Makes me wonder how Carlover's brother could put up with the 'Total Harmonic Distortion' at full volume.

Hmm, 40K miles later and now trying to get the radio to work? That's a lot of silent miles ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've tried the battery thing already, when to the dealership and everything, and nobody knows what it is is there some kind of amp in the car? If there is where is it at?

·
22,793 Posts
...around 40k my brother borrowed the car, and he said he had the radio all the way up, and he heard a loud pop and now no sound is coming out of any of the speakers...
What's your brother giving you for Christmas, this year?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Makes me wonder how Carlover's brother could put up with the 'Total Harmonic Distortion' at full volume.

Hmm, 40K miles later and now trying to get the radio to work? That's a lot of silent miles ;)
I was thinking the same thing. No way could I drive that long without any music... I GOTTA HAVE MY MUSIC MAN!!!!

But I agree with previous posts. I would think if it's a fuse/power issue, the radio would not even turn on. The dealer not having answers is another bad sign. If he heard a loud pop, it's possible that the amplifier inside the radio was blown... in which case you're looking at another radio. Is it safe to assume that the speakers were checked and are working properly?

On another note, if you DO end up needing to replace the radio, I am thinking about selling mine. I have the limited with navigation and what not.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
I was thinking the same thing. No way could I drive that long without any music... I GOTTA HAVE MY MUSIC MAN!!!!

But I agree with previous posts. I would think if it's a fuse/power issue, the radio would not even turn on. The dealer not having answers is another bad sign. If he heard a loud pop, it's possible that the amplifier inside the radio was blown... in which case you're looking at another radio. Is it safe to assume that the speakers were checked and are working properly?

On another note, if you DO end up needing to replace the radio, I am thinking about selling mine. I have the limited with navigation and what not.
Seems unlikely (but not impossible) that all the speakers blew.

Question: There's no audio but radio comes on, all functions seem to work but just no sound? If that is so, did you actually try this (got it from the Sonata forum):

VERY simple to fix!! A cold reset or reboot of the radio, do this by pulling out the memory console fuse in the fuse box next to the steering wheel, (see storing your car for long periods in the battery section of your manual) left it pulled for an hour or two, then pushed it back in (have to use the key as the auto locks will not work when pulled) and all audio sound was restored. Only needed to reset my presets for XM radio and all good to go. Kinda like a Microsoft reboot fix. LoL Best regards to others. Phil :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts