Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2011 Elantra with 155K on it and realized that every time I turn the car off, the settings aren't saving in the all of the dashboard electronics. In addition, the steering wheel controls aren't working. Battery issue or something else? Thanks for any ideas. New to owning an Elantra (and apparently I should have researched this model year more before buying).

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
16,785 Posts
Battery issue or something else?
Probably just a blown fuse.
Get a voltmeter and use it to check all the fuses. It shouldn't take more than 5 mins of your time. There is no need to pull every fuse out to look at it. Just switch the ignition on then use the voltmeter to probe the two test terminals on top of each fuse...see below. If you find a fuse that has 12V on one terminal and a lower voltage on the other that fuse is blown and needs to be replaced.
Circuit component Automotive lighting Product Font Cable

If I helped you fix it, why not...

Your support is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Probably just a blown fuse.
Get a voltmeter and use it to check all the fuses. It shouldn't take more than 5 mins of your time. There is no need to pull every fuse out to look at it. Just switch the ignition on then use the voltmeter to probe the two test terminals on top of each fuse...see below. If you find a fuse that has 12V on one terminal and a lower voltage on the other that fuse is blown and needs to be replaced.
View attachment 462193

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I went to test fuses and discovered that main "switch" was turned off in the fuse box. Oh brother! So, all I had to do was flip that on and problem solved. The cruise control still doesn't work. Is that also a fuse issue?
Thanks!

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
16,785 Posts
The cruise control still doesn't work. Is that also a fuse issue?
If you tested them all with the voltmeter and they were all good, then no. A fuse issue in that case would seem unlikely.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts