Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since my Accent has been new it seems like most of the sound comes out of the rear speakers. If I want to balance the sound so I can hear it out the front without blasting the kids, I need to change the fade to 5 front. Is this common or something I should get looked at under warranty. Other cars I have had never seemed to have this problem.

Thanks,

·
1,565 Posts
Maybe because the speakers are larger in the back it just seems louder. Never heard about that being a problem, although if it is, the stereo is covered under warranty.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Not really an answer but, coax speakers in the rear require less power than the front woofers. Say 50w x 4, the rear speakers will be louder than the front when at equal balance.

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
My dad had a Saab 9000 that would simply deafen the rear seat passengers just so the fronts could hear the music and my buddy's '95 BMW 525i is the same way. I know how you feel and yes, it is annoying.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have the same issue with my 09 sedan. When I owned my 07 HB, the sound was very balanced between the 4 speakers. When I bought my 09 sedan, I immediately noticed that most of the sound comes from the rear speakers. Must have something to do with the fact that they are mounted on the parcel shelf and have the whole trunk area as a big baffle. Also, the rear speakers are mounted quite high and fire upward whereas the front speakers fire at your feet.

I would recommend mounting two tweeters in the factory location on the front doors to get a little more sound from the front.

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
It has more to do with the rear glass window of the sedan reflected higher frequencies directly back at your ears, whereas the hatchbacks rear speakers are mounted perpendicular to the length of the car.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. Sounds like what I thought. I am not the only one so I will just leave the balance set so I don't blast out the kids in the back.

·
Registered
100 Posts
My wife's 08 3dr is the same way. It's annoying as ****, 90% of the sound is in the rear speakers. It almost sounds like the positive and negative were reversed on the speaker wires (I've done this in the past on an old Pontiac LOL).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts